• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Garden Parties

Nosu3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Share your garden party stories, recipes, pics etc.

I provided a 100% vegan raw garden cake.

Recipe: Watermelon cut into square. Glazed with a whipped avocado icing. Sliced pears for a tangy crust. Topped with 100% organic raw pumpkin seeds. Chilled for 2 hours.

Everyone loved the cake but it looks a little dismantled. I was late in making it and the avocado wasn't ripe so it couldn't be whipped. I didn't have enough time to chill it so I put it in a cooler with ice and it kind of fell apart from there.

ysc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I an not really sure what that is, it might taste nice, I'm not sure and I am not judging. I will say if I was told I was getting cake and got a slice of that I would be confused. Confused and disappointed.

I used to go to quite a few garden parties, and my family hosted some, that ended. They were good fun though.

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm happy to be in early on this one. Subscribed.

impolyt_one

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
3 post summary:

vegan 'cake' falling apart > family falling apart

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hopefully most of the guests vomited it up, because it might have actually been more appetizing that way.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ysc
I will say if I was told I was getting cake and got a slice of that I would be confused. Confused and disappointed.

lollercopter, is so true

ConcernedParent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dolphin=people
cake=slice of watermelon

get it?

impolyt_one

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
watermelon, avocado, pumpkin seed, and pears, all in one bite? Culinary genius. No-bake cake on the next level.

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Garden party = fancy name for a picnic?

Watermelon cake = fancy name for compost?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
OP has to be a troll attempt.

impolyt_one

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Lately I'm trying to teach my girlfriend proper usages of English slang; OP w/ watermelon cake will be helpful in explaining when to say 'this sucks'

Nosu3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roikins
Garden party = fancy name for a picnic?

Watermelon cake = fancy name for compost?

Similar to a picnic but not the same. Usually held in a garden or forest.

It looks bad because I didn't have time! I didn't search for a recipe and just used whatever produce I had from the previous day. Once I found out the avocado wasn't ripe I gave up hope for it turning out decent looking, but it still tasted fine. Got the idea for it at the last minute and made it right before leaving.

Roikins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nosu3
Similar to a picnic but not the same. Usually held in a garden or forest.

It looks bad because I didn't have time! I didn't search for a recipe and just used whatever produce I had from the previous day. Once I found out the avocado wasn't ripe I gave up hope for it turning out decent looking, but it still tasted fine. Got the idea for it at the last minute and made it right before leaving.

Why bother with a recipe? You should have just brought cubed watermelon and quartered pears, and some chips to go with guac.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roikins
Why bother with a recipe? You should have just brought cubed watermelon and quartered pears, and some chips to go with guac.

Then it would not have been a cake. Duh.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.