• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gap x GQ x Best New American Designers

rdstour

Reaction score
Dunno if there's been a thread on this yet, but the new collection was released today.
From my standpoint, this was probably better than previous years' collaborations where only one or a few designers released an extremely limited collection at high price points and limited accessibility.
At least with these pieces, they'll be a bit easier to come by(at various Gap stores and online), and hopefully will go on discount soon.

Any thoughts?

Link: http://www.gap.com/browse/category.do?cid=86036&mlink=5058,5550417,HP_Main_1_M&clink=5550417

Last edited:

Returningson

Reaction score
Gap always gets a bad rap here even though they make nice quality **** that can usually be found on sale. I bought their leather bomber that was featured on J. G. Levitt in the december 09 issue of GQ and its one of my favorite leathers. This collection looks sophisticated yet casual especially that peacoat.

Last edited:

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Still looks like GAP to me. I worked for the company when I was in school and even a little bit after I got a FT job. To keeping turning the same thing out every year, and when they do something different its a little later. Once awhile you will see a good piece but only on sale of course.

conceptual 4est

The Classic Gentleman is Back
Reaction score
probably going to buy the mcnairy boxer briefs not gonna lie

colabear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love how each designer showed pieces that perfectly defines their design philosophy. There's so many things I want to buy from this, so many great pieces :slayer:

colabear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brad, I bet if Gap collaborates with Roberto Cavalli or Dolce & Gabbana, you'll be all over it :D

Last edited:

colabear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I looked at it again, and I really really like it. This collection is a great mix. It basically sums up a perfect example of a guy's wardrobe from casual to dressed up and from basic staples to more fashion forward pieces. just awesome.

this is my favorite piece, technical blazer from Mark McNairy
05580e787addac0b5e0f9db557579d6a.jpg

Last edited:

colabear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
they should have made a bag, like a nice duffle from Mark McNairy :embar:

17 Seconds

Reaction score
Actually picked up a few items today, mainly some O&S pieces. The fit is great, and from what I can tell the quality is better. I've been wearing the Todd Snyder cargos all day. I'd definitely pop in if you've got one of the locations that are carrying it near you. The Saturdays jacket was particularly nice, but I've got too many waxed cotton pieces already.

Worth a fresh look, IMHO.

17 Seconds

Reaction score

they should have made a bag, like a nice duffle from Mark McNairy :embar:

I was actually hoping they did some shoes with him, but none of the designers did footwear.

Last edited:

jamaaltt

Reaction score
I was hoping for something a little more outside the "GAP box". Yeah i know its gap but its a collab. The only thing that you may not be able to get normally at gap are the mcnairy camo cargo's and O&S wool pants. Both I like by the way.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 84 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads