1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Gap x GQ x Best New American Designers

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by rdstour, Sep 27, 2012.

1. jasonleb1

jasonleb1 Senior member

Bought more stuff lol. Went to a friends wedding and they had a mall next to the hotel that carried the collection. I got the Ovadia and Sons Wool Cargo and Tie as well as the Saturdays Crew Neck. I think I bought like half the collection [​IMG]

Will post pics of the stuff I decide to keep.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2012
  2. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

Did anyone who has seen this stuff in person check out the Ian Velardi triangle print shirt? I'm curious as to how it looks and fits.

3. jasonleb1

jasonleb1 Senior member

The only one they had left at the store I went to was on a mannequin and was not my size so I didn't pay too much attention to it. I did run my hand over it to get a feel for the material and it felt pretty much like any other somewhat higher than average quality shirt (a good comparison in feel would be a J. Crew oxford), if a little softer (a plus in my opinion). The picture on the website makes it look very stiff and inflexible to me, which is not the case.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  4. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Now the real question is, will the people who buy these watered down collab pieces end up buying "mainline" stuff from these designers (Saturdays doesn't count).

5. thenanyu

thenanyu Senior member

Two of the best pieces. The Parka is huge in true gap style.

6. nepats81

nepats81 Senior member

at least one person that posted in this thread works for GQ or Gap. Im certain of it.

7. killerfrenzi

killerfrenzi Well-Known Member

anyone know how do those camo cargos fit?

8. jasonleb1

jasonleb1 Senior member

They're slim-ish. I'm sure someone bigger than me would find them quite slim, but I'd prefer something a bit trimmer.

9. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

Thanks for the help jason.

Killer, I asked earlier about the camo cargos. Look back a page. wj4 said the size 30 fit about the same as a size 32 naked and famous skinny guy. So I ordered a 31 online hoping it fits.

10. jasonleb1

jasonleb1 Senior member

Oh, you meant the waist? I wear a 30 in most pant sizes (31 very occasionally), so I ordered them in 30W/28L. They are snug enough that a belt is entirely unnecessary, but not too snug to be noticeably tight or otherwise uncomfortable. If you're on the larger side of a 30W, I think you did right by ordering a 31.

Also got several of my items that I ordered online today. The Todd Snyder Cargo's are almost the exact same fit as the McNairys, though I'm pretty sure the leg opening on the Snyders is a tiny bit smaller. I also got the Saturday's White '&' T as well as the TS Camo T, both of which are too long for my tastes (I ordered them in mediums, will try smalls). Finally, I got the Ovadia & Sons cardigan and tie. I like the tie a lot, but will be returning the cardigan - I've seen better for the price.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
  11. rdstour

rdstour Senior member

Jason, what was it about the cardigan that you didn't like?
    And how was sizing? Typically I find that a medium is a bit baggy, and a small is much trimmer, but sometimes a bit tight in the arms.

Also, has anyone managed to score a Medium in the Velardi Blanket Stripe Peacoat yet?

12. jasonleb1

jasonleb1 Senior member

It was just... meh. It's not really that I dislike it, it's more that I just don't like it enough. Most of that has to do with fit though. Much like the TS Cargos, I could see it fitting a normal sized person much better than myself (5'5 130lbs), I bought it in a small and it's kinda frumpy and the sleeves are a bit too long. I will say that it is quite comfortable though - soft and definitely warm. My biggest gripe with it, however, would be that the collar doesn't really extend down enough for a shawl (for me at least) and it has a pretty high button stance for a cardigan (not counting the top button) which makes the shorter neck all the more noticeable. Though, again, that might work better for a taller person.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
  13. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

Ian Velardi blazer is pretty nice for what it is. Fits slim w/out being silly, and is finished nicely overall. Good deal for the price. I'd rather spend more for something higher quality (and wool), but for now it will do nicely.

Annoying detail: came in a too-small shipping bag and lapel is all crushed to fuck so now have to do steamer/iron kung fu to get it sorted.

14. pierregoi

pierregoi New Member

15. backtaro

backtaro Senior member

The Gap x GQ 2014 will be available tomorrow. Have you guys found any piece interesting?

16. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

Its out since yesterday

17. Dr Huh?

Dr Huh? Senior member

It looks mostly boring.

18. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Launches in stores tomorrow.

Best collab yet, but pricey for what they are. I give two to three weeks before they go on sale. Last year's went on sale quickly too.

19. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Senior member

Damn, think I should wait then? I was considering a couple john elliott items.

20. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

1. Buy whatever you think you might want online on the off- to very off-chance stuff sells out and isn't restocked.
    2. Wait a few weeks to see if they go on sale.
    2b. Buy the stuff again now that it's marked down and return the stuff you bought earlier.
    3. PROFIT! Save a few bucks on stuff that was - let's face it - not that expensive in the first place, but at the same time probably isn't worth the retail price.

:teach:

Last edited: Sep 29, 2014