1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Gap x GQ x Best New American Designers

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by rdstour, Sep 27, 2012.

1. AB01

AB01 Senior member

Oh yeah. Well, I'm in Canada. So there's that.

2. NachoBroadway

NachoBroadway Senior member

picked up the camo tshirt. I thought the camo cargos were great too.

IMO the leather jacket was overprices & cheap leather, so were the tighty whites lol

3. 17 Seconds

17 Seconds Well-Known Member

The TS cargos are great, and I would have grabbed a Saturdays oxford but I was in between a M and L. The chinos looked good, especially the blue. I didn't try them on, but sizing seemed to be in line with the wool OS/TS cargos.

4. wj4

wj4 Senior member

Price points are different because they are geared towards different market segments.

5. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

yeah we don't have the internet here in canada, sucks

6. Fycus

Fycus Senior member

The stuff is okay if you are hankering to get your GQ fix. Only thing I liked was the BLK DENIM washed black jeans, but they looked and fit like shit. Everything else I saw I didn't really care for. Reasonable prices for everything though...

7. jasel

jasel New Member

Stopped into the Robson St. Store in Vancouver. Wanted that TS grey sweatshirt, only S and XS left. Picked up the Saturdays waxed cotton jacket. Tried on a bunch of stuff and they all fit much better than the average Gap stuff... trim, fitted, everything seemed really well made and constructed.

Glad I checked it out.

8. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

classics with a twist

2 people like this.
  9. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

I don't see a whole lot of design in any of this. Reproductions without a twist.

10. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

Bitch stop fucking complaining about this amazing occasion to stock up on staples, don't you cunt know that the best way to bring new zest to your wardrobe without breaking the bank is to get a few accessories that pop. Adding a bow-tie to your casual looks will instantly dress them up, is that fucking clear or do I need to shove a boot up your ass!!??? Roll up your chinos when leaving the office and unbutton one shirt button to project that cool, relaxed vibe that will make the ladies swoon at the wine bar, and pronto you sack of shit!!!

12 people like this.
  11. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Senior member

12. jamaaltt

jamaaltt Well-Known Member

13. pickpackpockpuck

pickpackpockpuck Senior member

haha. pretty funny.

14. sedwards

sedwards Member

Picked up the Saturdays Waxed Field Jacket. I'm pretty impressed with the quality.
    Wasn't exactly blown away by anything else.

15. mcdecker1

mcdecker1 Senior member

Picked up the Saturdays chinos. I like the fit, quality seems nice for < $70 pants. I wish it wasn't a zipper fly.

16. jasonleb1

jasonleb1 Senior member

No stores near me so I'm looking online. Thinking about getting the Wool Camo Cargos. The closest thing I can find that I like is a pair of Olive Wool Cargos by Todd Snyder at Nordstrom but they are like $350.

Anybody know of any olive (or a similar color) wool cargos to be had for less than the Snyders? Might look at those before biting the bullet on the camo.

17. jay3429

jay3429 Senior member

I didn't catch the sarcasm there initially. :facepalm:

Last edited: Sep 30, 2012
  18. SailorS15

SailorS15 Active Member

If you're wearing anything Tom Ford, I'm right beh
    Picked up the Todd Snyder Cargo pants ( really impressed with the quality for being a GAP piece ) and the scarf and beanie. It's some serious "I am Legend" vibe when I came out of the dressing room with the pants and the che jacket.

Love the blue beanie.

19. lemmywinks

lemmywinks Senior member

I'd think about the cargo pants if I was into cargo pants. Nothing really interests me except for the McNairy boxers :p

20. espen

espen Well-Known Member

Picked up the McNairy cargos, I really like them, nice slim fit and pretty solid construction:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.