1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Gap Selvedge coming back in the fall

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by sonick, Jul 11, 2006.

1. pacioli

pacioli Well-Known Member

lol.

I believe all that goodness was ex-CEO Mickey Drexler's inspiration. He's w/ j. crew now. May be wrong.

2. cultpop 0217

cultpop 0217 Senior member

their women's 1969 line had some nice selvage redline jeans earlier this year. One rinse and dark with no distressing, if they had men's jeans in the same denim for the same price it'd be a good buy.

i just picked up this pair of jeans from the gap last week that i love

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

womens 1969 raw "limited edition"
    very comfy and nice stretch denim
    very snug & low rise (8 inch front rise, 13.5 back rise) 6.5 inch hems
    no distressing or detailing
    nice silvery blue color (similar to new cures or hoboken no wash)
    fit like a long john maybe?
    they have finished outseams (fake selvedge) with blue and red stitching
    if these had a slightly higher rise and button fly they would be perfect but for the price they are awesome

here they are http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do...622&pid=380714

3. DNW

DNW Senior member

i just picked up this pair of jeans from the gap last week that i love

womens 1969 raw "limited edition"
    very comfy and nice stretch denim
    very snug & low rise (8 inch front rise, 13.5 back rise) 6.5 inch hems
    no distressing or detailing
    nice silvery blue color (similar to new cures or hoboken no wash)
    fit like a long john maybe?
    they have finished outseams (fake selvedge) with blue and red stitching
    if these had a slightly higher rise and button fly they would be perfect but for the price they are awesome

here they are http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do...622&pid=380714

Damn, those are some tight jeans, physically! It is a wonder to me how these jeans are comfortable to you. Even the relatively looser LVC 1947 jeans are tight on my boys.

4. weirdnjfan1

weirdnjfan1 Senior member

What happened to 1969, anyway?

I was just in The Gap on Friday and the 1969 line is back. Although, it seems that The Gap has changed the basic line up of the 1969 line, making it more of a Abercrombie and Fitch like line. It isn't that bad, but still it seems like The Gap has gone down hill for a few years.

5. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

Abercrombie and Fitch like?

6. weirdnjfan1

They had minor destressing, I think that a few had some holes in the pant legs, and the washes seemed a little like the stuff in Abercrombie and Fitch. But that's just my opinion.

7. sonick

sonick Senior member

So, Cultpop, trying to save money from a vasectomy, eh?

Yeah the current 1969 stuff is pretty ho-hum... They don't look much different in terms of wash/distressing than their normal line.

8. weirdnjfan1

Yeah the current 1969 stuff is pretty ho-hum... They don't look much different in terms of wash/distressing than their normal line.

Right. I jsut hope that I can get them a little cheaper at the outlet up in nags head.

9. cultpop 0217

cultpop 0217 Senior member

Damn, those are some tight jeans, physically! It is a wonder to me how these jeans are comfortable to you. Even the relatively looser LVC 1947 jeans are tight on my boys.

they are 2% stretch and fairly light denim. they are tighter than my hobokens but the stretch keeps my balls from any distress[​IMG]

10. cheapmutha

cheapmutha Senior member

saw some 1969 selvage at the gap today. nice 13oz(?) denim, redline selvage, hidden rivits.

bad things: loose straight leg cut, pre-distressed, visable coin pocket selvage. 98$

in raw these would be really nice. the wash fucks it up tho.

11. SGladwell

SGladwell Senior member

but these arent them. the 1969 had button fly, selvage on the INSIDE of the coin pocket, and normal looking pockets. these look like thai fake gap jeans.
    Learn something new every day. I checked mine - I bought them a few months ago at one of those teeny-bopper clothing resale places, for less than they were asking for regular Gap jeans! - and never noticed that before. Thanks for the info! Any consensus on who did these? I've heard Rogan and I've heard Adriano Goldschmied.

12. voltronf0rce

voltronf0rce Member

Hi, This is my first post. I must say this forum is awesome. I am just starting to really get into denim for the first time.

13. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

Learn something new every day. I checked mine - I bought them a few months ago at one of those teeny-bopper clothing resale places, for less than they were asking for regular Gap jeans! - and never noticed that before. Thanks for the info! Any consensus on who did these? I've heard Rogan and I've heard Adriano Goldschmied.
    1969 used to be about the best you could get under $100 (and very often under $40). It's gone heavily downhill in the past six months, though, and I don't know if it's ever coming back. Adriano Goldschmied was brought in to design 1969, but this was years ago when Drexler was still running the Gap.

14. SGladwell

SGladwell Senior member

1969 used to be about the best you could get under $100 (and very often under $40). It's gone heavily downhill in the past six months, though, and I don't know if it's ever coming back. Adriano Goldschmied was brought in to design 1969, but this was years ago when Drexler was still running the Gap.

Interesting, but it doesn't really answer the question you quoted: were the old Italian-made 1969's with selvedge legs and (as I just learned from cheapmutha, having never thought to look inside the coin pocket for a neat detail) selvedge inside the coin pocket AG designs? I've also heard that Rogan Gregory (Rogan, Edun, Loomstate) had a hand in them, but I doubt that these are Rogans because the denim is heavier than any I've seen from his product lines.