1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Gap sacks Patrick Robinson as chief designer

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by milesdavisjr, May 5, 2011.

1. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

I honestly can't remember the last time I've been in a gap, could be 7+ years ago.

As for this guy...being the Chief Designer @ Gap for 4 years and failing miserably means he was paid very well and probably left with a hefty severance package. Can't say I feel sorry for the guy.

2. Makeshift_Robot

Makeshift_Robot Senior member

Sucks to design for a company that doesn't have a brand identity and whose consumer base is "boring white people in sparse parts of America." Sucks that a dude got fired. But good god those clothes were/are awful.

3. sonick

sonick Senior member

That's unfortunate, there were a few items in the past few years that were pretty nice, but for the most part their stuff was bland and low quality.

Things like their gingham and chambray of last summer, and also their selvedge rinsed denim were very nice. They also used to have fitted dress shirts that were very well made with nice materials, but lately it's all been thin, flaccid-colllared shirts and baggy plain sweaters.

4. quasky

quasky Senior member

i dunno, i've actually had some decent experiences with gap stuff recently. picked up a couple jackets on the cheap ($30-$40 range) that i've been really happy with, both in terms of fit and quality. nice, slim fit, and using decent hardware (ideal/conmar zips). they did a collegiate-style jacket last season that's a reasonable substitute for the same ervell piece at, like, a sixth of the price, and an m65 that had some very nice detailing considering it came from the gap.

anyways, sucks dude got canned.