• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gap Jeans. No post-Xmas sale? $50-$90?? Strong demand?

Reevolving

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was expecting to get a decent price on jeans, and it was still $50 during sale season. What gives?
Where can I get a pair of non-overpriced jeans? (Not "fashion" jeans, but something appropriate for a 30-something professional)

ennui

Reaction score
I paid a little more than $50 a year ago for the selvage skinny-fit jeans from Gap, and they are my favorite jean of the moment. They're probably different this year, but if the fit is good and the material and construction are not complete crap, then $50 is fine for these IMHO.

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just wait for a sale at h&m for the jeans then.

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dude's trolling, but Gap does Jeans well IMO-- minus the newly added stiching and low placement of back pockets.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sadly, he is not trolling.

I'm posting this here, but I want the conservative business dress demographic to answer the question. I have no idea who is in SW&D, but I assume it's guys with hair gel, square toed shoes, and massive untucked striped shirts....
I need another basic pair of jeans, as my "one jeans" have gotten a little too faded. I don't want pure dark Indigo b/c it reminds me of the 1970s. I also don't want "dad jeans" that are too light.

pimpmystyle

Reaction score
I can't believe Gap is relevant again. I last tried on gap jeans about 4 years ago. I was swimming in a size 30 waist. They said that was the smallest they had.

I picked up a couple of sweaters; both a bit too big, but fine for layering over a t and button down.

Gap was the pinnacle of affordable brands back in the mid/late 90's.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nobody said Gap was relevant again.

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I can't believe Gap is relevant again.

You are in a thread by the single dumbest poster on SF. The fact he mentioned Gap cements for eternity that it is NOT a relevant or acceptable brand. (Watch Crazy, Stupid Love and you will see that even in mainstream, middle-class popular media, Gap is dismissed outright along with velcro nylon wallets and New Balance shoes as the awful, unthinking detritus of a clueless yesteryear.)

Last edited:

bl@ster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last year's Gap selvedge were relevant, the their newest crop of jeans in general are terrible.

Reevolving

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jeans are just a staple and not a bold fashion statement.
Gap is in all upscale and middle market malls, so it's hardly the same level as velcro wallets.
I am sure Gap sells tons of jeans. What an idiot.

Last edited:

Fortysomething

Reaction score

The fit is actually pretty nice. I got a pair of the selvedge slim straights up for sale and they have the exact same fit as my APC PS.

Oh how could that be?? :confused: Someone must have snuck into whatever Gap you purchased them in and replaced their (Gap's) jeans with something much superior and then put the Gap tags on them. How else could one possibly explain having such apparent high quality. :sarcasm:

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Oh how could that be?? :confused: Someone must have snuck into whatever Gap you purchased them in and replaced their (Gap's) jeans with something much superior and then put the Gap tags on them. How else could one possibly explain having such apparent high quality. :sarcasm:

He didn't really attest to their quality. Just said they were "pretty nice" and fit well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads