• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gant quality and casual shirt sizing???

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I havent seen much discussion about Gant on here (or anywhere for that matter). I see their casual shirts at Barneys, and they look quite nice (slim, nice materials and patterns), may be a nice alternative to BoO, Steven Alan, etc. Anyone own any of these shirts? I think they go for like $130 at Barneys... what is the sizing like? quality? etc.

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I tried on some of the shirts at Barneys in Charlotte last month, and I thought the collars looked ******* huge on me. I know they were going for the older 70's vibe, but still.

Only thing I remember, unfortunately. YMMV.

EDIT: I think they were Gant Ruggers.

pg600rr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was just wonderin with the upcoming GILT Gant sale... might have some decent s/s shirts avail... guess I will have to make my way to Barneys before Monday to try some on

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The shirts I bought from the 5th Avenue store have rather small collars.

Gant has a dizzying variety of differently styled lines, so it can be confusing to talk about.

One thing I would note is that the M (15.5 neck) shirts seem to have a sleeve length of 33, not 34.

GiltGroupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pg600rr
I was just wonderin with the upcoming GILT Gant sale... might have some decent s/s shirts avail... guess I will have to make my way to Barneys before Monday to try some on

Yes go try on and buy from us--lots of good stuff in the sale!

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have 2-3, which all fit nicely on me in a size Large. perhaps some sleeves on the short side. Not rugger, mainline modern Gant I think.

PinkPantser

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They're relatively nice in fit and fabric, but the buttons on the one I tried on were a horrible reflective high-gloss plastic.
gant_shirt-1.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads