• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gant Chelsea boots, help me pick!

Patrician

Reaction score
Brown leather chelsea boots. Which pair should I pick? (Please excuse the tiny pictures as I was unable to provide larger ones). Gant Blake
bild2ai4.png
Gant Parker
bild3hp3.png
Primarily to be used with jeans and chinos.

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Blakes are a little dressier which I like.

Patrician

Reaction score
Yeah they are a bit dressier but as I plan on using them with jeans and chinos maybe Parker is a better choice...

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Patrician
Yeah they are a bit dressier but as I plan on using them with jeans and chinos maybe Parker is a better choice...

For sure...with that in mind I would also go with the Parker.

MaxJones

Reaction score
For your use, I'd think the more casual roomy ankle of the Parker would work better. A little polish on the toe IMO would be pretty nice.

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the parker. the blake seems to be a bit formal for wear n tear jeans. unless, of course, you plan on wearing them with dress jeans
tounge.gif

Patrician

Reaction score
I actually tried on one of the pairs yesterday at a store but cant remember which one it was. I'm gonna give them a call later 2day.

kdaust

Reaction score
I'd go for the blake, its more dressy. The parker's matt finish (imho) makes it more of a farmer's boot
peepwall[1].gif

Patrician

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
It would help to see an overhead shot -- I wonder if the Blake's toe is too square. However, I don't care for the stitching on the Parker, so I lean toward the Blake.
Here are a few more photos of the Parker boot, in black though.

EDIT: Blake photos. The toe is indeed a bit square.

EDIT2: I called the store and they said it was the Parker I had tried. One thing though, is it possible for a pair of Gant boots to be welted at a price of $215? The girl, who sounded really hot btw, wasnt sure.

Golf_Nerd

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MaxJones
For your use, I'd think the more casual roomy ankle of the Parker would work better. A little polish on the toe IMO would be pretty nice.

+1

Patrician

Reaction score
I'll ask again, is it possible for a pair of Gant boots to be welted at a price of $215?

Prince

Reaction score
+1 on the Parker. For your use it would be better. For my own personal taste I like the Blake though. Didn't know Gant made such nice Chelsea's.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads