1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Game of Thrones BOOK Thread: Spoil Away.

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by NorCal, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Reggs

Reggs Senior member

2. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

GRM is a cock for starting this whole mess.

There is about zero chance John Snow is actually dead I just was reading somewhere about a theory that he will warg into one of the bodies in the ice cells and become a coldhands type of creature.

I hope he actually stops just tearing tearing down the characters he has built and starts bringing them towards some logical conclusion. While I hardly expect a traditional "happy ending" it would be nice if some of the arcs were carried to a logical and satisfying conclusion. e.g.Arya kills everyone, Tyrion works with Dany and so on.

3. scurvyfreedman

scurvyfreedman Senior member

Unlikely. Jon will warg into Ghost. Then his body will likely be placed into an ice cell, or burned by Melisandre (King's Blood and all). Remember, Melisandre's prophecy - man, wolf, man. Seems like that's warning and returning to his body. Also, when she asked to see Azor Ahai, she only saw Snow. Oh, and if R+L=J he's got King's Blood and she can raise a dragon (Targaryen) from stone (frozen solid).

4. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

Yeah, it was just one of many,many theories I've read. If GM followed any sort of logic I'd assume all the foreshadowing of men warging into their favorite animals upon death would mean something, but I could also totally see that never meaning anything at all. Gm being who he is its also possible that John is somehow a dragon himself, maybe that's the secret Ned was keeping, and John is raised from the "stone" of frozen death. Whatever happens, I'm sure we'll see Jon again.

R+L=J is one of the story arcs that I really hope comes to pass, I'm just afraid its too "obvious" and GM will decide to toss it out of spite.

5. scurvyfreedman

scurvyfreedman Senior member

Born in smoke and salt is the hardest prophesy for Jon to qualify for. Obviously being born on Dragonstone helps that one. There was no fire reported at the Tower of Joy. Salt could easily be Lyanna's tears of hearing of Rhaegar's death. Dany was born on Dragonstone so she more easily qualifies. Hell, Stannis is partially Targaryen and his daughter has greyscale - stone men- and was born on Dragonstone. She has King's Blood. She could be Azor Ahai reborn. Aegon, who knows where he was born, if he's real. Jon Connington is turning to stone.