1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Gambert MTM Questions

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by drjsl22, Feb 10, 2013.

1. drjsl22

drjsl22 Active Member

2. PASstudy

PASstudy Senior member

Numbering the options 1, 2, 3 I've had good experience with #3. There is little to the store beyond the massive factory floor where the shirts are made & constructed. You have to walk through the factory floor o get to the small conference room cum display where all the fabric swatches, collar options, buttons, etc... are spread out. There was a women when I went there (last time was summer 2012) who handled the measurements and fabric/option selections.

I didn't ask many Qs as by then I had been doing custom shirts for a year so I can't speak to how helpful she'll be. Another Gambert location you've missed, who uses the same factory but has on spot tailors and is very knowledgeable about all things sartorial is Gambert custom shirts in Millburn, about 20 mins from the Newark locales.

This store is what you'd expect of a traditional bespoke shop. Decked out, big leather chairs. Ties and swatches on dedicated shelves on the walls. The staff there (Paul & Bill) are very knowledgeable and can walk you through everything. I've been going there since 2011 and use Paul to go view new fabrics, pick out/build shirts. He’s even made me some pants and a very nice 3 piece suit. Prices are the same but the selection is a bit clearer and there are more options. Overall everything is divided and organized.

the link is http://www.gambertcustomshirts.com/

any Qs feel free to PM me.