• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Galaxy S4

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Was just reading something on the BBC site saying the next iOS is pretty blah aesthetically speaking but would be nice if they made it a little customizable and such.

I have to say the iPhone is the Buick of phones.

marblehouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The thing that sucks is that Apple has become newmircosoft - I like them because of the synergy between products (i.e. iMatch), not for their individual excellence.

My MBP is terrible. I've had to replace the HD, logic board, display, & RAM. Not very impressive for the cost of this machine and it's less than 2 years old.

Last edited:

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Yo, lost my iphone (as usual every few months), am kinda tempted by S4 instead of I5, what does Pio say?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Yo, lost my iphone (as usual every few months), am kinda tempted by S4 instead of I5, what does Pio say?

Fuuma, you are nothing if not an individual. Android OS is for individuals.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score

Fuuma, you are nothing if not an individual. Android OS is for individuals.

As far as phones are concerned I am nothing but a basic client requiring ease of use and very little customization. Apple appears to be for generic losers like me, which is why I'm not sure I should let go.

Maximator

Reaction score
As far as phones are concerned I am nothing but a basic client requiring ease of use and very little customization. Apple appears to be for generic losers like me, which is why I'm not sure I should let go.

It really depends. If all your other computing devices start with an i (MacBook, iPad, etc) then stay with Apple. If not, then change to Android.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score

It really depends. If all your other computing devices start with an i (MacBook, iPad, etc) then stay with Apple. If not, then change to Android. 

I don't own any other apple devices and my wifi speakers are sonos so can be remote controlled by either android or iphone...

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't own any other apple devices and my wifi speakers are sonos so can be remote controlled by either android or iphone...

Just buy an Apple. You don't really give a **** either way and this means you won't have to spend time learning something that does not interest you.

Maximator

Reaction score
Just buy an Apple. You don't really give a **** either way and this means you won't have to spend time learning something that does not interest you.
While this might be true, I found that once you get new functions, you'll learn to love them. Having entered the world of smartphones rather late, I never thought that I'd need email or GPS on my phone. Today, I wouldn't want to live without them(especially the GPS). I'm sure that there will be loads of functions that I'll appreciate once I get a high end smartphone.

The main reason I'd get an Android phone is that you have useful information on your home-screen. While you have some useful stuff on the Apple home screen, it isn't nearly as much as pretty much any Android. Plus, it's customizable, which, even if you're completely new to Android, is very easy to do.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Agree with this if you're just a casual user.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score

Agree with this if you're just a casual user.

phone+text
Facebook
Email
Pictures + some pic apps
surfing
some maps
2-3 nifty little apps
dropbox
remote control + music library for sonos speaker

I'm afraid the S4 is too big though, innit?

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
S4 mini!

Its on preorder in the UK, should be available elsewhere soon.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

phone+text
Facebook
Email
Pictures + some pic apps
surfing
some maps
2-3 nifty little apps
dropbox
remote control + music library for sonos speaker

I'm afraid the S4 is too big though, innit?

The new iPhone should treat you fine then. Unless, of course, you develop the same glitch I did on Monday that makes my battery discharge completely in about four hours.

The S4 is bigger. Holding m I-5 over Mrs. Piob's S4 and her screen is about the size of my entire phone. One way I-5 wins is the metal case feels good in the hand vs. the plastic of the S4. Mrs. Piob is a bit of a computer nerd though and has her new phone customized to hell and back. I do miss being able to customize.

Last edited:

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
i can't stand these giant ass phones. i5 is still a tad bigger than I'd prefer, if the next gen is any bigger I might pass. my pockets can only handle so much.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads