• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

G35

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Andre Yew
AWD in snow is almost as bad as RWD in snow.
--Andre

Having both and living in a part of the country that gets good amounts of snow in the winter, I would say that your statement is 100% wrong.

BTW to the OP, the G35 is a geat car. When my current lease is up I will probbaly get the M.

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Having both and living in a part of the country that gets good amounts of snow in the winter, I would say that your statement is 100% wrong.

Maybe so, but the important point remains that if you're driving in snow, get snow tires, no matter what kind of drivetrain your car has.

--Andre

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel

BTW to the OP, the G35 is a geat car. When my current lease is up I will probbaly get the M.

So you have the G35? Any comments? Also do you use the Infinity dealer on W57th? How's the service?

SGladwell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by briancl
The 2007 sedans come with the new and much improved engine. Although it only looks like a few HP on paper, the gains are significant. The auto magazine community couldn't shut up about how much better it is.
When do the auto rags not collectively **** all over every new halfway competent release from any major advertiser? Any G35 will be perfectly adequate power-wise. And I'd vote for RWD because it's lighter and you have traction control with all of them. The difference should spent on a pair of cheap wheels (perhaps OEM G35 wheels on eBay from some sap who think he - and it always is "he" - needs 19" rims to be cool) and good snow tires. Storage issues are trumped by basic safety issues, I would think. And sell the rims off when your lease runs out. Anyone who thinks that AWD and inferior tires is remotely comparable to good snow tires probably lives in someplace like Atlanta that sees snow about once every two years...

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Andre Yew
Maybe so, but the important point remains that if you're driving in snow, get snow tires, no matter what kind of drivetrain your car has. --Andre
Actually, it's not that bad. When my brother's M3 was in the shop, he got a rental G35 sedan, not even an AWD. I drove through a snowstorm that night in Boston, with probably 4-6" in snow. I came out thoroughly impressed with how stable the car was with stock all season tires. I suspect that the G35x would be pretty good in snow as well, even without some blizzaks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads