• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

G-Star, Raw Denim & "Intro"

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have one pair of G-Stars, I like them. They wash has stayed consistent and they fit really nicely. They do make some urban wear that is acceptable, you just have to get the right item.

frankster

Reaction score
Originally Posted by djs488
^ thanks!! I actually found another photo of it from amazon, and it does look more subdued. I think I'll go for a small, looking for it to be slim.

41fuRKXlM-L._SS400_.jpg

I did size up since I wanted to have enough room to be able to wear a soft shell or a hoodie underneath it. It gets pretty cold where I'm from... The jacket is cut in a way that even if it's not sized to be slim fitted, it still has a shape and still looks fitted (if that makes any sense!).

Marcus Brody

Reaction score
I have one pair of G Star jeans. I bought them three or four years ago and they've held up very well. They were never "raw" looking and I didn't buy them thinking they were. They are cut roughly similar to 514s and are devoid of any ornamental stitching at all (except a little half seem on the pocket). They aren't super premium denim by any stretch of the imagination, but I haven't had any quality control issues with the manufacture and I actually still wear them fairly frequently. I've even gotten compliments on them in the last month or two, which I think is a function of them fitting me well.

I certainly wouldn't vouch for the whole product line, but at least at one time they made decent, subdued jeans that held up.

energie

Reaction score
G-Star jeans are good! one of my favorite jeans along side energie and diesel

energie

Reaction score
Originally Posted by djs488
what do you guys think of this jacket? I'm intrigued because it is a technical-ish coat but made of wool (for the most part). For anyone with experience with g-star, does their outerwear typically run as slim as portrayed on this model? I hope so. More pics here.

photo30085.jpg

my g star jackets run slim, one of them very slim

but the jacket i nthat picture, could that be used as awinter jacket or is tit to thin. winters are pretty damm cold here in toronto...

frankster

Reaction score
Originally Posted by energie
my g star jackets run slim, one of them very slim

but the jacket i nthat picture, could that be used as awinter jacket or is tit to thin. winters are pretty damm cold here in toronto...

I got that jacket and I'm in Montreal. I would assume it will be warm enough on its own - will add a hoodie on colder days. It's quite heavy and thicker than it looks too.

Vernon-Dozier

Reaction score
I don't know about their denim - alot of the designs seem funky. However, I like their combats (pants.) Their grey 'original battle pant' was worn by Robbie in the movie Scary Movie 4 during the "War of the Worlds" battle scenes. I bought a couple pairs on ebay and I like the fit and look. I have 2 big Labrador dogs so these pants come in handy and they are good weekend pants.

Finding G Star pants without their logo stamped all over it is difficult - it's so lame and makes them look like a generic brand.

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really like some of thier outerwearpieces but at $300+ it's more than I'd like to spend. Do they ever have sales?

I also searched for g star on ebay but most of the things listed seem suspect. Does g star have any distinctive features that can help me spot a fake? Special details on the tag, label, buttons, or something like that?

Mushroom77

Reaction score
I haven't read most of this thread, but if the OP's still wondering the difference between G-Star and more Styleforum friendly brands, he should go to General Pants. They sell Nudies and should have some raw ones, and the quality is really different. I had a raw pair of G-Stars before finding heavily reduced Nudies, and the Nudies are better stitched, better made, heavier, stiffer, and whatever.

My 2 cents.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads