• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

G-Star Raw Decals

bigfatphony

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I've always tried to avoid G-Star Raw stuff, as I despise clothing with logos or arbitrary writing all over them.

However I tried on a G-Star jacket today that really fit very well. Of course, it's got a giant freaking raised decal on the arm which is incredibly annoying.

I was wondering if anybody knew of a way to safely remove decals from clothing? The guy at the store told me that for film they sand off decals, but he also said that he wasn't sure about the raised decals, and he didn't seem overly confident.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is the internet.
Pics or it doesn't exist.

bigfatphony

Reaction score
Harro!

As requested here is a picture of the offending logo. The picture doesn't represent the colours as well as it should. The logo is actual black on black.

You can see that it's raised slighty, which I'm a little worried about. The other stuff I think should be fine as google's given me some advice.

If anybody has any suggestions or advice here, I'd be very grateful!

Thank you!

bigfatphony

Reaction score
Kapow! Anybody have any experience with removing this kind of thing, or should I just do what google says and rub it off with a cat soaked in lemon juice?

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is the decal all cotton? I removed a decal from a hat once a few years ago and the area where it appeared before was all fuzzy after that. It had a few loose threads. It also may have been because I wasn't extremely careful either and also because the decal was threaded into the jacket there's going to be little holes where you remove the thread.

I've never removed ironed on print or screen print, whatever its called.

bigfatphony

Reaction score
I think the decal is printed on, it's not cotton.

Thanks for the reply!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads