1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

G & G and EG shoes on sale at Edwards of Manchester

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Toffee, Jan 23, 2013.

1. cs09

cs09 Well-Known Member

not sure, he said he would get back to me about pricing on Monday (UK time)

2. Toffee

Toffee Active Member

My pleasure Malford, and hey, you're not too shabby either!! I bought a beautiful Tom Ford belt from you last year (the only Tom Ford I own) and it was a great experience - Thanks!!

[​IMG]

3. Toffee

Toffee Active Member

I received my shoes late Friday, amazingly fast delivery. Heck, I doubt a US supplier could get a delivery to me this fast.

I rang Mark to thank him and he said they don't normally allow sale prices for MTO but if a client contacts him directly he will do what he can to help.

I like these guys, they will see a lot more support from me.

He can do Barker, but he can't do Barker Black and is reluctant to do AS, but he can pretty much do most any other English shoe manufacturer.

I am pleased I let everyone know about the sale now.

Enjoy the sale guys, it ends soon!

4. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

I emailed him last night. Do you know when the sale ends? Want the EG Westminster

5. Cuttingboard

Cuttingboard Senior member

Wish I knew what size to order in EG, I've been drooling over a pair of EG Inverness and Cadogan's. Does anyone know how the E888 or 202 last compares to Carmina's Rain? I wear an 8.5UK in the Rain last. All sizes are UK?

Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
  6. PMac

PMac Well-Known Member

150 GBP, less VAT and sale discount.

7. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

IMHO you should get 9/9.5D in 202, which is a wider and more rounded last. In 888, you can take the same size 9/9.5 but E-width. Keep in mind everyone's feet vary. EG is 1.2 size smaller than US, not full size like many makers.

Cadogan is a nice shoe, I have a pair which I love.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
  8. Cuttingboard

I normally wear a 9.5D US & 8.5UK in Carmina Rain last so I'm thinking a 9F in the 202 last. Thoughts?

9. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

Good to know. That's sounds about right for MTO upcharges.

10. MalfordOfLondon

MalfordOfLondon Senior member

Just unboxed my St. James and they are actually the St. James II. I prefer them but just a heads up to anyone else thinking of ordering.

11. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

I wouldn't go F on 202, it's a wider last. You could definitely do E, which is basically US D. Others may chime in or you can head to the EG appreciation thread.

12. Viral

Viral Senior member

Sale ends jan 31st....

13. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

Looking for a year round suede color-Polo, Mink or Tobacco? Thanks

14. Verniza

Verniza Senior member

Thanks for the heads up!

Any comments on the DG70(Rothschild) and MH71(St James) lasts as well as their fitting?

Keen on pulling the trigger on both but I have pretty wide feet. Only have AS exclusive shoes for reference so any experienced member do hit me up!

15. Toffee

Toffee Active Member

I have found that they don't usually charge MTO unless they really have to. If you need something changed then you can't get away from the MTO, but if it is just a model and size which is not on their website, I am sure they will arrange it for you without the extra charge.

16. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

Mark has been excellent so far. I inquired about a stock design but not a typical color so I'll see. If not, I do plan to pick up the Inverness and a C&J. Thought about G&G but I don't want to immediately splurge on them yet; I have a MTO Wigmore that should be coming in the next few months. AS/C&J/EG gives me a nice range of price/quality and I know the fits well.

After this, I REALLY need to stop... :brick:

About 3 years ago I think I only had 1 pair of EGs, now they've multiplied like Tribbles.

17. Cuttingboard

F width is my only width option. Thanks for the info!

18. deep5pace

deep5pace New Member

This thread is brilliant!!

I've been waiting for an opportunity to justify the purchase of an Edward Green shoes for more than a year. They're slightly above my usual price range and I didn't know they can do MTO.

Just dropped an e-mail to Mark asking about either westminster or dover.

Hope to hear from him soon.

19. jdanielca

jdanielca Senior member

If only I knew my size, I can just get one, you guys keep talking about lasts n what not, which I gather to be the finer shape of the shoe, the wooden mold thing. Now the rtw from G&G wigmore what last is that on and is there a pic some place? Also is there someone out that can someone help me with sizing, this would be my first proper shoe, my feet hurt easy and I've always avoided them. Sorry for the hijack.

20. chobochobo

chobochobo Senior member Moderator

The Wigmore is on TG73. I wouldn't get G&Gs particularly the Wigmore for your first 'proper' shoe if you haven't worked out your actual size.

1 person likes this.