• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

G & G and EG shoes on sale at Edwards of Manchester

DeSense

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PS: If anyone here managed to buy a pair of EG Inverness UK9 in burgundy from EoM within the last say ~8 months, please let me know!

Last edited:

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

PS: If anyone here managed to buy a pair of EG Inverness UK9 in burgundy from EoM within the last say ~8 months, please let me know!

I do not believe EoM is a present stockist of EG (or has been the last few months) so I am not sure if you'll get a lot of responses.

DeSense

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I do not believe EoM is a present stockist of EG (or has been the last few months) so I am not sure if you'll get a lot of responses.

Duely aware of that (non stockist since end last year). There is this nagging suspicion at the back of my head that tells me that EoM might have gone for more profit and sold "my" discounted pair at full price to someone else. Given the practically most common size a UK9, and the ease of doing so, maybe not too far off...
No accusation as such, but if they did and I ever found out, I'd give them hell. That's for sure. Again, not saying that's what happened.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Duely aware of that (non stockist since end last year). There is this nagging suspicion at the back of my head that tells me that EoM might have gone for more profit and sold "my" discounted pair at full price to someone else. Given the practically most common size a UK9, and the ease of doing so, maybe not too far off...
No accusation as such, but if they did and I ever found out, I'd give them hell. That's for sure. Again, not saying that's what happened.

From what I know of their history, they seem pretty reputable (outside of the EG problems). My orders were prompt and communication was on par with others when it came to delays with orders.

I didn't pick up a UK 9 (although I did get a pair of Inverness from them I think a couple years ago before all this happened); I hope you find some acceptable resolution.

Last edited:

DeSense

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, DpprDr. Like I said further up, got a full refund without any issue. So likely just my mind getting creative on me.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They're a great seller.

I ordered a pair of Tetburys from them on sale. They were sold out, but he honoured the price once they were restocked. Although he said four weeks, it was closer to eight weeks (not their fault; C&J tetburys are on back order).

Verdict: solid seller.

Keller

Reaction score
Yes, they are a solid seller, I have order AS from then in the past and they have a great customer service.

Infrasonic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...ews/edwards-of-manchester-shop-closes-9339554

An iconic shop that has been selling shoes in the city centre for almost 200 years has suddenly closed.

Edwards of Manchester in the Barton Arcade has been supplying made-to-measure shoes to clients since 1830.

But the now-empty shop, which fronts onto Deansgate, remains closed this morning after it was suddenly shut by its owner.

Edwards is England’s oldest independent shoe shop outside London, and has been based on the same site since it opened in the 1800s.

There is no information on its website, Facebook or Twitter page to tell customers that it is no longer trading.

Just a heads up for anyone who was planning on ordering from Edwards.

The Landlord of the building they are in is a friend of mine and he's not happy, so I'm assuming there are rent arrears (leading to the moonlight flit...)

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads