1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

G & G and EG shoes on sale at Edwards of Manchester

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Toffee, Jan 23, 2013.

1. nepats81

nepats81 Senior member

I'm in the same boat. Sad to say I think we may be both waiting for another few months

2. Frank the sheep

Frank the sheep Senior member

Why do you think that?

Got a reply from Mark today and he wrote:
    "I spoke to Edward Green yesterday and they said they were nearly 
    finished."

3. nepats81

nepats81 Senior member

Because Mark said the same thing to me 2 months ago...

Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
  4. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

Received my Tetburys today in perfect condition! Will order from them again during the next promo.

During the promo it's probably the best price you'll find on C&J models.

5. nepats81

nepats81 Senior member

Just spoke to Mark today about the Galways that I ordered January 2013. Original expectation was to receive these boots in 5 months. His latest update is that Edward Green will have the boots ready by January 13th "at the earliest".

This will be my first and last MTO purchase from EG.

1 person likes this.
  6. laufer

laufer Senior member

Man that stinks? What was make up? Something special?

7. nepats81

nepats81 Senior member

Rosewood country calf w tobacco suede upper and shearling lining. Straight from their catalog .

8. laufer

laufer Senior member

Yeah, that should be their stock model and it's taking that long unbelievable.

9. Frank the sheep

I guess you was right when you said that it would take months more. EG must be the worst company ever to do MTO:s from and EoM is one of the worst retailers when it comes to informing customers....double fail.

2 people like this.
  10. Frank the sheep

Just got a mail from Mark that my Galways arrived. Just 10.5 month, think I'm going to do another MTO if they have the same deal this January ;)

11. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Senior member

EG can turn around MTOs very quickly when it wants to. I did one through Sky Valet several ago, and EG sent the wrong color shoe. They sent me the correct pair a few weeks later. I wonder if these MTOs are way down on EG's priority list due to the discount and/or strained relations with EoM.

2 people like this.
  12. Infrasonic

Infrasonic Senior member

The most likely scenario IMHO.

EG make it pretty clear with their behaviour that any retailer offering discounting as a matter of course is going to have a hard time with them.
    They are clearly pursuing the luxury brand MO of limited supply to keep prices up.
    That doesn't reflect their actual capacity or ability to do specific jobs very quickly if it is in their interests to do so.

I knew the previous owner of EoM and we had a conversation along those lines many years back...

13. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Senior member

The wait time is unfortunate but personally, I would be more than happy to wait if I can get a fair discount (which EoM used to provide). If haste is something I require than I will just go directly to EG Jermyn St (which inventory has never been a problem for me). Getting the best of both worlds is hard to come by when it comes to EG.

14. Frank the sheep

Agreed but the main problem for many of us that ordered EG MTO is that they told us 5 month. I have no problem waiting one year if that is clear when i order the shoes.

EG must understand that things like this affect the brand in a bad way.

15. nepats81

nepats81 Senior member

I agree. Expectations are the key .

16. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

At least you got the Galway. Wasn't there a rumour a few pages back that EG doesn't supply EoM anymore?

I ordered Tetburys during the September sale and received them 2 and a half months later. CJ told me that the tetbury is their best selling model and they can't keep up with demand.

When I ordered the shoes, Mark quoted 2-3 weeks. But when they received new stock, it didn't include my size, hence the additional delay.

Long story short, I only paid 240 pounds for a pair of Tetburys. It was worth the 10 week wait.

17. Chowkin

Chowkin Senior member

+1

18. wurger

wurger Senior member

Yes, would continue to buy from EOM

19. barky

barky Senior member

I am sure the we have seen the last of the EG MTO with discount deals but I'll still buy from them but with more care.

20. Frank the sheep

Maybe it's the end of all sales or do you 5 there will be a January sale this year?