• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FYI: how to post an image

Nick M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(Steve B. or J, if you could pin this for a while, that'd be great.) By far the easiest method of posting images to this, and all other forums... Step 1: Go to ImageShack Step 2: Click the gray 'browse' button. You'll see the directories of your hard drive. Find the image you want to post. Click on it once, then click the 'open' button. Step 3: The filename will appear in the box on the ImageShack homepage. Click 'upload'. You'll then receive three URL's, the first of which can be cut and pasted directly into a Style Forum text box. And voila.
pigbike.jpg
Step 4: If you're feeling particularly generous, you can use Paypal to donate a couple of bucks to keep ImageShack running... EDIT: Since posting this thread, the Imageshack layout has changed slightly, but the various URLs are mostly self-explanatory. The first URL generally provides a clickable thumbnail, which I would recommend everyone use if their image is larger than 800X600 pixels, simply to conserve Imageshack's bandwidth. PS Thanks Imageshack.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Wow. Great link, thanks for the tip.

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Dude, Nick, I was about to post something like this. In other words, e: f, b.

Imageshack is a free image hosting service run by some very cool people. They even allow direct image linking (known as leeching when done inappropriately or without permission) from their servers.

So, all of you with great suits/shoes/shirts/ties/wedding photos, now you don't have an excuse to not post them.

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, all of you with great suits/shoes/shirts/ties/wedding photos, now you don't have an excuse to not post them.

I have to buy a digital camera first though. But right now I am still enamoured of my Contax TVS and G2 to switch. Can't beat them, especially the TVS for inside darker buildings discreet long term exposures.

NavyStyles

Reaction score
Nick,

Thanks for the how-to advice.  I was finally able to respond to the picture thread.  Much obliged.

marc37

Reaction score
Hey Nick; how do l put my own picture in the avatar section [instead of Austin Powers]. l have tried cutting and pasting via imageshack but it doesn't work. l am very vexed, can you help me please Nick.

Regards Gr8man B8man. (Alias: marc au, shooman, Ronny)

NavyStyles

Reaction score
Hey Nick; how do l put my own picture in the avatar section [instead of Austin Powers].
Judging from your post in the member pictures thread, you might wanna stick with Mr. Powers
wink.gif

quill

Reaction score
EAGLE1.jpg
Too cool.
cool.gif

Nick M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Nick; how do l put my own picture in the avatar section [instead of Austin Powers].
Take the IMG tags of the start and end of the address, and it should work - that is, have it begin with "http://"

marc37

Reaction score
What do ya think of this fella. He is one of my favourite singers.
whiskeyvocal2.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads