FYI: Divorce sux

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Mark from Plano, Aug 25, 2009.

1. jpo

jpo Senior member

Sorry man. I feel your pain.
    Thanks Mark. My feelings go out to you as well. I would not wish this on my worst enemy.

2. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Yes, divorce sucks. With no warning my wife walked out 2 weeks ago. I'm currently picking up the pieces as best as I can right now, for myself and my daughter.
    So sorry to hear this. All the best to you and your daughter.

3. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Boxercise Toughguy

Yes, divorce sucks. With no warning my wife walked out 2 weeks ago. I'm currently picking up the pieces as best as I can right now, for myself and my daughter.

[​IMG]

4. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

sorry, that sucks. good luck

5. MrG

MrG Senior member

This is terrible; I can't imagine how tough it is to deal with something like this. Best of luck as you work towards moving on.

6. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for

I had a no-warning divorce too. "Sucks" hardly captures the experience.
    Feel free to pm me if you'd like to vent.

And my hat's off to you for including your daughter in your post. I am convinced that children get the raw end of the deal in every divorce.

7. zissou

zissou Senior member

After a few years of her Mom and I being divorced, my daughter has adjusted well. I think the most important thing a kid needs is as much stability, happiness, and love you can give, jpo. It's hard in times like this, I know.

As for Mark, I agree. Being single is so great that I'm having a hard time even thinking about a serious relationship. Well, that and the fact that I've finally realized that all women are insane.

8. willpower

willpower Senior member

As for Mark, I agree. Being single is so great that I'm having a hard time even thinking about a serious relationship. Well, that and the fact that I've finally realized that all women are insane.

Yeppers!

9. TGPlastic

TGPlastic Senior member

For anyone who hasn't thought deeply on the subject of divorce, consider the practical side-effects. If you are left holding the bag for child support, everybody's health insurance, mortgage on the place she and the kids will live in (where her new man will be nailing her), then your divorce may represent your permanent banishment to the lower-middle class. And that's if you're lucky. Let's say you're making $100k a year. That's like $6000 a month takehome. You could pretty easily spend half of that each month on the costs associated with being unmarried to your ex. This means your second take on being a swinging bachelor will not feature all of the key props. You'll be trolling for tired, single-mom ass in a 2002 Camry and sleeping on a mattress on the ground in a condo that usually rents to university students. God help you if your ex convinces the judge to make you pay alimony. Then you're really fucked. You'd probably have to move to Florida.

10. zissou

zissou Senior member

^I guess I'm just lucky that my ex has a salary that is twice mine, and that we're both responsible enough to split time with our daughter evenly.

11. Mark from Plano

Mark from Plano Lifestyle change - no homo

^I guess I'm just lucky that my ex has a salary that is twice mine, and that we're both responsible enough to split time with our daughter evenly.

+1 on all points (except I have two sons). Thankfully I live in Texas where this scenario is unlikely to happen.

12. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

For anyone who hasn't thought deeply on the subject of divorce, consider the practical side-effects. If you are left holding the bag for child support, everybody's health insurance, mortgage on the place she and the kids will live in (where her new man will be nailing her), then your divorce may represent your permanent banishment to the lower-middle class. And that's if you're lucky. Let's say you're making $100k a year. That's like $6000 a month takehome. You could pretty easily spend half of that each month on the costs associated with being unmarried to your ex. This means your second take on being a swinging bachelor will not feature all of the key props. You'll be trolling for tired, single-mom ass in a 2002 Camry and sleeping on a mattress on the ground in a condo that usually rents to university students. God help you if your ex convinces the judge to make you pay alimony. Then you're really fucked. You'd probably have to move to Florida.

I had a friend that was just SHAFTED in his divorce. I think it was the major contributing factor to his very untimely death from heart failure. He was party to his own raping though. Just rolled over and let the ex screw him out of guilt.

13. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

every guy gets fucked in a divorce. one of my train buddies went from a 3 million dollar house to a basement apartment in the ghetto because his wife is a drunken cunt.

14. Big Pun

Big Pun Senior member

My brother is getting a divorce. The saddest part is I knew they werent' going to last about 2 years ago, but WTF was I going to say? She's getting half of all his hard earned possesions, she's never had a job, doesn't do housework or raise the kids. He told me he'll be lucky if by the time it's all over that it'll only cost him $50-60K. [​IMG]

15. unjung

unjung Senior member

Pre-nup, yes or no? Hard to enforce?