FYI: Divorce sux

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Mark from Plano, Aug 25, 2009.

1. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Mark, I also hope it's not about you. Regardless, all the best to you.

2. KObalto

KObalto Senior member

Best of luck. It is tough as I unfortunately know from experience.

3. Slopho

Slopho Senior member

True divorce story. A couple who live in the same apartment building decided to get married. She lives on the 5th floor he lives on the 8th floor. They decided not to move in together prior to getting married. They get married and end up having a post reception party in her apartment. 10:00pm rolls around the the groom says "Ok, its getting a little late, why don't we head up stairs to my place?" "No, I'm having fun we should head up later." She responds. 11:00pm rolls around and he says "Its getting late, they can continue partying down here, but we should head up." "No, No I'll go up when I'm ready." She says. Midnight rolls around and this guy isn't having anymore of it. He says "Come up now or don't bother coming up at all!" "I'm not coming up and now that you've said that I won't be coming up." she says. They wait the year and file for divorce under voluntary separation.

Another true story. A couple gets married at the Courthouse. After the wedding the groom takes his bride downstairs to the cafeteria for lunch. During lunch he realizes that this isn't the woman for him. Goes upstairs and looks for information for filing a divorce.

4. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

Mark sorry to hear that.

a couple of our friends are going through a horrifically messy divorce now, and my wife has become way to supportive of one of them. real mess.

5. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

The first person I told that my wife and I were separating after 19 years of marriage was my mentor. I wasn't quite sure how he or others would react. He looked me in the eye and said, "Keep one thing in mind, younger women like older men".

6. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

Mark, really, truly hope you're not going through this. Even an "amicable" divorce hurts like hell. If it is you, hope you get through this agonizing process in one piece. Best to you and yours.

7. EL72

EL72 Senior member

Mark, I really hope this is not about your divorce, but I fear that it is.

+1. And I think Mark mentioned his wife was a divorce lawyer [​IMG]

8. Mark from Plano

Mark from Plano Lifestyle change - no homo

Mark, I really hope this is not about your divorce, but I fear that it is.

Mark, I also hope it's not about you. Regardless, all the best to you.

Mark, really, truly hope you're not going through this. Even an "amicable" divorce hurts like hell. If it is you, hope you get through this agonizing process in one piece. Best to you and yours.

[​IMG] Thanks guys.

Mark sorry to hear that.

a couple of our friends are going through a horrifically messy divorce now, and my wife has become way to supportive of one of them. real mess.

The good news is that this is probably the friendliest divorce on record. We've already negotiated everything and are just finishing up the paperwork. Texas has a 60 day waiting period and it'll probably be done on that day. We won't quite make 20 years, but we're damned close.

Hard to believe.

She's keeping the house, so I've rented a place in the neighborhood and will be moving over Labor Day weekend. We still have kids together and will remain very good friends. Just can't be married anymore (or so I'm told).

Given all the stress of this one, if you were to layer in the added stress of having a huge fight on top of it I don't know how people would live through it. As it is it's about the worst thing I've ever been through.

9. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

The first person I told that my wife and I were separating after 19 years of marriage was my mentor. I wasn't quite sure how he or others would react. He looked me in the eye and said, "Keep one thing in mind, younger women like older men".
    If they like "older men" it's a given that the women in question can be qualified as "younger". I'd also ad that the number of men who are into younger women far outnumbers the supply of perky young things who are into crusty old geezers. Sometimes all it takes to view a situation differently is to turn it around.

10. Teger

Teger Senior member

keep yo head up

11. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Goon member

12. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

sorry mark

13. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

No doubt you've done this, and even if it's friendly, GUARD YOUR ASS! I hope you retained a good family law attorney.

14. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

Back to topic; good luck Mark and make sure not put the kids in the middle.

15. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt The Liberator Dubiously Honored

[​IMG]

- B

Yes.