1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

FYI: Divorce sux

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Mark from Plano, Aug 25, 2009.

1. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Mark, really, truly hope you're not going through this. Even an "amicable" divorce hurts like hell. If it is you, hope you get through this agonizing process in one piece. Best to you and yours.

2. EL72

EL72 Senior member

Mark, I really hope this is not about your divorce, but I fear that it is.

+1. And I think Mark mentioned his wife was a divorce lawyer [​IMG]

3. Mark from Plano

Mark from Plano Senior member

Mark, I really hope this is not about your divorce, but I fear that it is.

Mark, I also hope it's not about you. Regardless, all the best to you.

Mark, really, truly hope you're not going through this. Even an "amicable" divorce hurts like hell. If it is you, hope you get through this agonizing process in one piece. Best to you and yours.

[​IMG] Thanks guys.

Mark sorry to hear that.

a couple of our friends are going through a horrifically messy divorce now, and my wife has become way to supportive of one of them. real mess.

The good news is that this is probably the friendliest divorce on record. We've already negotiated everything and are just finishing up the paperwork. Texas has a 60 day waiting period and it'll probably be done on that day. We won't quite make 20 years, but we're damned close.

Hard to believe.

She's keeping the house, so I've rented a place in the neighborhood and will be moving over Labor Day weekend. We still have kids together and will remain very good friends. Just can't be married anymore (or so I'm told).

Given all the stress of this one, if you were to layer in the added stress of having a huge fight on top of it I don't know how people would live through it. As it is it's about the worst thing I've ever been through.

4. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

The first person I told that my wife and I were separating after 19 years of marriage was my mentor. I wasn't quite sure how he or others would react. He looked me in the eye and said, "Keep one thing in mind, younger women like older men".
    If they like "older men" it's a given that the women in question can be qualified as "younger". I'd also ad that the number of men who are into younger women far outnumbers the supply of perky young things who are into crusty old geezers. Sometimes all it takes to view a situation differently is to turn it around.

5. Teger

Teger Senior member

keep yo head up

6. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Senior member

7. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

8. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

No doubt you've done this, and even if it's friendly, GUARD YOUR ASS! I hope you retained a good family law attorney.

9. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

Back to topic; good luck Mark and make sure not put the kids in the middle.

10. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt Senior member Dubiously Honored

[​IMG]

- B

Yes.

11. millionaire75

millionaire75 Senior member

The first person I told that my wife and I were separating after 19 years of marriage was my mentor. I wasn't quite sure how he or others would react. He looked me in the eye and said, "Keep one thing in mind, younger women like older men".

Is this recent? I only ask because you usually mention your wife. If so, my condolences, man.

12. EL72

EL72 Senior member

[​IMG] Thanks guys.

The good news is that this is probably the friendliest divorce on record. We've already negotiated everything and are just finishing up the paperwork. Texas has a 60 day waiting period and it'll probably be done on that day. We won't quite make 20 years, but we're damned close.

Hard to believe.

She's keeping the house, so I've rented a place in the neighborhood and will be moving over Labor Day weekend. We still have kids together and will remain very good friends. Just can't be married anymore (or so I'm told).

Given all the stress of this one, if you were to layer in the added stress of having a huge fight on top of it I don't know how people would live through it. As it is it's about the worst thing I've ever been through.

Damn! After nearly 20 years, that sux bigtime. My sympathies Mark.

13. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

agreed, do your best to keep them sane throughout

Back to topic; good luck Mark and make sure not put the kids in the middle.

14. A Y

A Y Senior member

Sorry to hear that Mark. I hope things go as well as they can.

--Andre

15. MrG

MrG Senior member

[​IMG] Thanks guys.

Hard to believe.

Condolences, but props to you for staying in the neighborhood. My parents got divorced when I was pretty young, and the worst part was that my dad moved out of state.

16. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

mark, don;t want to pry but was it one thing or an accumulation leading you down this road?

17. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Senior member

[​IMG] Good luck, Mark. I hope you land on your feet.

18. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

When you're ready to copulate again with new females I hear Dakotadad or whatever his nickname is can teach you how to get your freak on.

19. Mark from Plano

Mark from Plano Senior member

Condolences, but props to you for staying in the neighborhood. My parents got divorced when I was pretty young, and the worst part was that my dad moved out of state.

Our kids are older (both in High School), we've made sure that they have people to talk to and have really good relationships with them, so we'll keep an eye on them and they'll be fine, I think. I wanted a house where they could run back and forth if they need to.

At the end of the day I have to give props to my wife, she is a divorce attorney which means she sees the good, the bad and the ultra-ugly. She's decided that no matter what this is going to be as conflict free as possible.

I think we'll be fine. Like I say, we're still good friends. The kids had stuff the other night and so we went and had dinner (just the two of us) and then found a bar and had a couple of glasses of wine and just talked about stuff. If there's any good news in this its that we're both on the same team about keeping the kids in focus and keeping the conflict to a minimum. She makes a good living herself, so she doesn't feel the need to grab everything she can financially and we've never disagreed about raising the kids, so there's no particular reason for that to change. Neither of us are vindictive by nature, so...

Anyway...I've probably posted more in this thread than I should have.

Thanks for the kind words.

20. chrome_dout

chrome_dout Senior member

Dude, sorry to hear. Best of luck to you. Seems like everyone is getting divorced these days...