1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Futurama

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Teger, Sep 18, 2009.

1. JapanAlex01

JapanAlex01 Senior member

Futurama > Simpsons
    FU. The Simpsons is easily an A+, and one of the greatest shows ever made. Futurama is an A-, and not a great one either. The best quote is from 'Obsoletely Fabulous,' imo. When that old robot says, 'what?!,' then re-inserts the tape and goes, 'what?!'. The new episodes did not suck; which is nice!

2. blahman

blahman Senior member

Favourite episode is still Luck of the Fryrish, with the 7 leaf clover.

The end made me [​IMG] then [​IMG] then [​IMG] then [​IMG] .

3. Texasmade

Texasmade Senior member

Favourite episode is still Luck of the Fryrish, with the 7 leaf clover.

The end made me [​IMG] then [​IMG] then [​IMG] then [​IMG] .

This one and Jurrasic Bark are probably my top 2.

4. hc4thehc

hc4thehc Senior member

[​IMG]

This was a brilliant ep. I'm also very pleased that both this season and season 7 will contain 26 episodes. As always though: there will be ups and downs quality-wise (subjective, of course).

Big Futurama fan. First post ITT but I'll be back watching the new ep tomorrow evening (downloading after work). [​IMG]

5. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

The latest ep is hilarious. So many great lines.

"We got a floater in the bowl!"

6. JapanAlex01

The latest ep is hilarious; so many great lines. "We got a floater in the bowl!"
    +1 I was getting so tired of their shitty movies! Great bits:
    3D planet (due to popularity), 'now, move it along; nothing to see here,' the Sunny-D bike bit, Chief of Police in locker-room nude from the waist up, 'he was going to murder you, marry your parakeets, and then poison them with a arsenic-laced cuttle-bone,' 'classic move. Awww yeah!', Chief having a 'bathroom baby', 'paper-less work', the fact that Fry is teamed with URL, 'the place to call when you're being murdered,' 'I'll be upstairs putting batteries in things...,' 'yes, it is I, Pickles!', 'funny things about destiny, fate has other plans,' prediction-proof glass.

7. intent

intent Senior member

I enjoyed the Schrödinger's cat bit, although they didn't really have to dumb it down and explain the joke.

8. robin

robin Senior member

My name isn't Slick. It's Zoidberg. Jon Fucking Zoidberg. [​IMG] Past few episodes have been much better.

9. fwiffo

fwiffo Senior member

I thought the season abruptly ended last year and then saw they were running a few episodes again. What git at the network made the decision to take an 8 month break in the middle of a season?

10. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

They do the same with South Park. Not sure why but CC likes to split seasons into two halves.

11. JapanAlex01

Agreed! This last episode wasn't as good as the one before, but still had some balls! I felt some of the other Futurama episodes were a little sissy (still funny, but sissy).

Last edited: Jul 18, 2011
  12. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Anybody watch the latest episode? It might rival Jurassic Bark as the most touching, yet hilarious ep yet.

The g-force hamster scene had me cracking up. I must have rewatched that 5 times already.

13. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

"Why God? Why am I being singled out?"

14. Texasmade

Texasmade Senior member

The ending was quite touching.

15. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

watched metropolis (a silent film from 1927) recently and was surprised to see a reference to it in episode 12

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

pretty impressed at the writers

the whole episode is a big tribute to it (about oppressed ppl living underground revolting against rich ppl above ground by breaking a central machine that causes a flood)

Last edited: Sep 1, 2011
  16. Imhoff

Imhoff Senior member

Just watched the new episode "Overclockwise" that aired last night. Show had some very good potential but felt that it could not fully develop the 3 story lines it had going on in a 30 min episode.

The ending was touching though, when Frye and Leela read over the letter Bender wrote. And the idea of Bender being a "God", although having been done in "Godfellas", was done pretty well, just wanted more of it. BTW, "Godfellas" remains one of my favorite episodes of the series. Even ahead of "Jurassic Bark".

Also, another interesting fact about the show itself. The theme song of the show was inspired by the song "Psyche Rock" performed by Pierre Henry in 1967.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Last edited: Sep 2, 2011
  17. fwiffo

fwiffo Senior member

I like the one a few episodes ago. All The President's Heads when they change pre-revolution history and come back as Brits. Bender was especially hilarious with the comment about socialized medicine & teeth.

18. robin

robin Senior member

[​IMG]

19. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Somebody sent me this after I asked how they felt about the forum redesign. Thought it would get some love in here.

[​IMG]

20. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Anybody see the season finale? What a weird episode. The anime drawings were hilarious.