• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Futurama

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kajak
The end of Jurassic Bark made me more
frown.gif
than any other cartoon ever.

Very good episode.

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did, and very much enjoyed it. I'm glad to have it back.

ConcernedParent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some of the jokes were hilarious.

"ROBOT, PLAY OUT THIS TRAGIC IRONY FOR ME!"

Brian SD

Reaction score
I like the new episodes simply by virtue of being more Futurama. It's hard for me to compare to any older episodes since it's at a consistent high as a series minus a few eps at the beginning of season 6 (like the puking goat and the eyePhone. FFS this isn't South Park or Family Guy). This season the time travel episode was incredible I thought. As long as the occasional really good episode comes around and the rest are watchable then I'm happy. I just love the series too much.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I thought the gender episode started out okay but became way too wacky towards the end. I much preferred the Bender episode. Enjoyed Zapp's appearance in both!

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
First two episodes sucked. The gender bender ep was an attempt to spoof older sci-fi story lines, most notably several from Star Trek.

alex99

Reaction score
The two new episodes were a bit flat in parts but I still think they were good overall. I'd rather watch average futurama than most of what else is on TV right now.

Originally Posted by Brian SD
This season the time travel episode was incredible I thought.

Yeah that was a great episode- funny, but also dark and sad. Those kind of episodes are their best. I think Jurassic Bark and 7 Leaf Clover would fall in this category as well. For a comedy show, some of the endings are very poignant. That makes it problematic to compare it to something like Simpsons, which has a sarcastic outlook on the world, but isn't nearly as dark.

kelly789

Reaction score
This is really a nice series to watch and full of entertainment..

JapanAlex01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Futurama > Simpsons
FU. The Simpsons is easily an A+, and one of the greatest shows ever made. Futurama is an A-, and not a great one either. The best quote is from 'Obsoletely Fabulous,' imo. When that old robot says, 'what?!,' then re-inserts the tape and goes, 'what?!'. The new episodes did not suck; which is nice!

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Favourite episode is still Luck of the Fryrish, with the 7 leaf clover.

The end made me
frown.gif
then
smile.gif
then
frown.gif
then
inlove.gif

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blahman
Favourite episode is still Luck of the Fryrish, with the 7 leaf clover.

The end made me
frown.gif
then
smile.gif
then
frown.gif
then
inlove.gif

This one and Jurrasic Bark are probably my top 2.

hc4thehc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
58a845fd.jpg

This was a brilliant ep. I'm also very pleased that both this season and season 7 will contain 26 episodes. As always though: there will be ups and downs quality-wise (subjective, of course).

Big Futurama fan. First post ITT but I'll be back watching the new ep tomorrow evening (downloading after work).
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads