1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Futurama

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Teger, Sep 18, 2009.

1. Teger

Teger Senior member

2. robin

robin Senior member

hopefully people will watch this and can appreciate robin's constant futurama references.
    I get so lonely.

[​IMG]

3. Teger

Teger Senior member

A crummy world of plot holes and spelling errors.

4. Helix

Helix Senior member

A crummy world of plot holes and spelling errors.

AND NOW I WILL LEAVE EARTH FOR NO RASIN!

Also who is fucking jazzed for new futurama next year? I know I am.

5. yfyf

yfyf Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Gumbercules? I love that guy!

6. King Francis

King Francis Senior member

Barbados Slim? I thought you was in Barbados!

7. Wallcloud

Wallcloud Senior member

Your music is bad and you should feel bad!!!

8. unjung

unjung Senior member

News, everybody!

Kiff! Fetch me my medals!

9. denning

denning Senior member

10. Teacher

Teacher Senior member

"It's the mineral that won't let you down when the heat is all around!"

11. Teger

Teger Senior member

For one beautiful night I knew what it was to be a grandmother. Subjugated, yet honored.

12. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Senior member

I suffer from a very sexy learning disorder. Kif, what do I call it?
    Sexlexia.

13. the law

the law Senior member

Sweet zombie Jesus!

14. L.R.

L.R. Senior member

Your music is bad and you should feel bad!!!

Easily one of my favourites.

Like Granny said: if you want a box hurled into the sun, you got to do it yourself. God rest her zombie bones.....

15. intent

intent Senior member

Good news, everyone!

16. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

http://futuramaepisode.org/

hopefully people will watch this and can appreciate robin's constant futurama references.

the question has to be asked:

what's better futurama or simpsons?

remember you have to factor in simpsons as a whole (not just the vaunted first 3-5 seasons) all 20 seasons.

I have to admit after watching this last season, after watching some episodes I'd think: "holy shit that was good".

17. ConcernedParent

ConcernedParent Senior member

remember you have to factor in simpsons as a whole (not just the vaunted first 3-5 seasons) all 20 seasons.

I have to admit after watching this last season, after watching some episodes I'd think: "holy shit that was good".

The best of the Simpsons is on par with Futurama- however most of the auxiliary characters/archetypes in Futurama (and subsequently the same jokes) are created from their counterparts on the Simpsons... i.e Abe Simpson --> Dr. Farnsworth, Mr. Burns--> Mom, Waylan Smithers--> Mom's 3 sons, Krusty--> Calculon, Chief Wiggum--> URL/Smitty, Fat Tony--> Don Bot, Willie--> Scruffy, etc... The first 5 maybe 8 seasons should get the edge simply for originality.

Futurama is also more of a niche comedy; you basically need to be an educated 16-30something to derive enjoyment from it. It really is a satire of the "yuppie" and general metropolitan lifestyle- demonstrating that despite 1000 years of progress in the most technologically advanced society we all still suffer from the same human foibles. On the other hand, The Simpsons is accessible to basically everyone by not only the virtue of being a family comedy, but by also employing more universal and culturally relevant intertextual references.

Dude, what?

18. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Futurama > Simpsons

19. ebmk3891

ebmk3891 Senior member

by that same token - don't you think you should only compare the first 6 seasons of the Simpson's to Futurama's 6 seasons? Futurama is written brilliantly, but the Simpson's at it's peak was just as good too.

20. ebmk3891

ebmk3891 Senior member

The best of the Simpsons is on par with Futurama- however most of the auxiliary characters/archetypes in Futurama (and subsequently the same jokes) are created from their counterparts on the Simpsons... i.e Abe Simpson --> Dr. Farnsworth, Mr. Burns--> Mom, Waylan Smithers--> Mom's 3 sons, Krusty--> Calculon, Chief Wiggum--> URL/Smitty, Fat Tony--> Don Bot, Willie--> Scruffy, etc... The first 5 maybe 8 seasons should get the edge simply for originality.

Futurama is also more of a niche comedy; you basically need to be an educated 16-30something to derive enjoyment from it. It really is a satire of the "yuppie" and general metropolitan lifestyle- demonstrating that despite 1000 years of progress in the most technologically advanced society we all still suffer from the same human foibles. On the other hand, The Simpsons is accessible to basically everyone by not only the virtue of being a family comedy, but by also employing more universal and culturally relevant intertextual references.

Dude, what?

so umm... who does Zoidberg resemble?