• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Further Changes at Edward Green ...

sysdoc

Reaction score
As of late I've started to wonder about EG. We all know about the departure of Tony Gaziano and therefore EG's loss of its, certainly at least prestigeous, bespoke business. We have learned that after more than 15 years, EG left its store in London's spiffy Burlington Arcade to move to a new location in Jermyn Street only a week ago. EG has recently (supposedly been forced to) raise prices at least in the US and Canada, making the shoes somewhat harder to sell. Now another disturbing news has reached me yesterday. Susie Jones, the lovely and so knowledgeable lady in charge of Edward Green's world wide sales, who many of us know from numerous trunk shows or the sales times at Burlington Arcade, has told me that she is leaving EG by the end of this week. I just got off the phone with her. She was energetic as ever, supposedly torn half between positive anticipation of her new job at Crockett & Jones and sadness for leaving so many lovely people at Edward Green. Susie worked at Edward Green for twelve years. She joined EG together with the late John Hlustik, who's been so important for the success of this old and traditional company. Well, what can I say? Here's to you, Susie Jones! You will be missed not just by me, but by many a member of Style Forum and Ask Andy! Edward Green won't be the same without you! I wish you the best of success in your new position at C&J and I hope I'll see you there very soon!

medwards

Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I undrstand that Susie will be at a new Crockett & Jones store in Birmingham.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
cry.gif
frown.gif

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Well there's panic on the streets of Carlyle,
Dublin Dundee Humberside
I wonder to myself...

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't. Stop.

sysdoc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by medwards
I undrstand that Susie will be at a new Crockett & Jones store in Birmingham.
That's what she told me. It used to be a shoe store that, amongst other brands, also sold EGs, but it was recently purchased by Crockett & Jones. It's currently being refurbished and will open as official C&J outlet sometime past Easter. Susie will be its manager(ess). And, yes, it's Birmingham/UK, the capitol of the English Midlands and worst traffic nightmare north of London.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Too bad about Susie's departure. Who's going to give Duveen a hard time about looking and not buying at the trunk show now?
tounge.gif

medwards

Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser
Too bad about Susie's departure. Who's going to give Duveen a hard time about looking and not buying at the trunk show now?
tounge.gif

Hilary Freeman's quite capable of that..but if she doesn't I know we can count on you, scnupe7, kabert, virginia dandy, carson35, modsquad and a host of others to keep Duveen on his toes (and perhaps a new pair of EGs on his feet).
smile.gif

Duveen

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser
tounge.gif

I was just thinking the same thing - off the hook!

Siggy

Reaction score
Sounds like management problems at EG...maybe it was secretly bought out by the Russians.

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJMan
Well there's panic on the streets of Carlyle,
Dublin Dundee Humberside
I wonder to myself...

Call me morbid call me pale, I've spent six years on your trail....

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seriously -- what an unfortunate turn of events. The price increase by EG also makes Grenson and C&J more appealing I guess. I wonder how much C&J and Grenson (and Sargent, for that matter) are assisted financially by their relationships with Ralph Lauren, Brooks, Ben Silver, Plal, etc. I guess EG sells through RL also, and also through Saks and a few other stores (like Malouf's, Sky, Jay Kos, and Flusser), but I imagine the volume is much lower than C&J. Plus, C&J has lower-end lines as well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads