Furniture Question

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by jonnyt, Jul 10, 2011.

1. jonnyt

jonnyt Senior member

Am trying to figure out the name of a piece of furniture for hanging clothes on so I can track one down to buy.
    Saw it once in an antiques shop window; it's wooden, has a large flared shoulder for hanging a suit jacket on, a couple of bars for trousers/ tie etc and a couple of little drawers for, I guess, cufflinks or socks.
    I currently get my clothes ready the night before and hang on a door/ chair but would love one of these for my bedroom. I've tried searching for 'hanger', 'suit furniture', 'clothes horse' etc but no luck. Any ideas?

2. BlackShoes

BlackShoes Senior member

3. cmacey

cmacey Senior member

Am trying to figure out the name of a piece of furniture for hanging clothes on so I can track one down to buy.
    Saw it once in an antiques shop window; it's wooden, has a large flared shoulder for hanging a suit jacket on, a couple of bars for trousers/ tie etc and a couple of little drawers for, I guess, cufflinks or socks.
    I currently get my clothes ready the night before and hang on a door/ chair but would love one of these for my bedroom. I've tried searching for 'hanger', 'suit furniture', 'clothes horse' etc but no luck. Any ideas?

An example: http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...=&sectionsize=

not exactly what you are looking for, but at least you have an idea of the name [of sorts].

4. trenoire

trenoire Member

Methinks you are looking for something along the lines of this? (google images) These come in lots of forms... the google search above is "suit valet", definitely an upgrade from the back of a chair, and if you have the room it's a great touch for the man's bedroom or closet.

5. jonnyt

jonnyt Senior member

That's fantastic guys, thanks a lot.