Furniture - Los Angeles

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Englandmj7, Jul 19, 2007.

1. Englandmj7

Englandmj7 Senior member

I did a search and found a couple of threads on furniture in San Francisco, NYC, online, as well as Matadorpoeta's thread on "ultramodern furniture" in LA etc. but nothing that really matches what I am researching.

Basically, I am looking for affordable stuff (i.e. Design Within Reach is a little more than I want to spend; on the opposite end, I don't want IKEA) to spruce up a new place. I know that in SF I've been to several cool warehouse-sized places offering modern, affordable furniture. I like the prices on this site, but I heard it is horrible and takes months to ship stuff:

http://www.sleekspaces.com/

Not looking for specific models at all (Eames, Barcelona, etc. I don't care if it's something well-known)........just need somewhere with a decent variety and a fair amount of stylish choices. I really don't want to stress conceptual or uber-modern stuff, just somewhere with non-boring options. Anywhere worth visiting?

Ideally, there would be a Muji in LA.

2. matadorpoeta

matadorpoeta Senior member

i'm going to guess that la brea and beverly will be too expensive, but you may want to try a place on venice called "french '50s and '60s". they just moved from abbot kinney and they are somewhere east of it, but i don't recall where.

3. Englandmj7

Englandmj7 Senior member

I'll check it out.

4. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Try the Helms Bakery complex, by Venice & National. There are a whole bunch of furniture stores, with various levels of pricing, from bare pine stuff to super-pricy modern or antique stuff. You can just stroll around and find the place that matches what you're looking for. You can also grab a great lunch at Beacon's, or drive a mile or so down Venice and get some tasty Cuban food at Versailles.
    http://1webblvd.com/helmsfurniture/default.htm

5. Englandmj7

Englandmj7 Senior member

Always driven by that place but never gone in. I'll be sure to.

6. whodini

whodini Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!

There are a few places on Silver Lake blvd by the Silver Lake reservoir worth checking out but expect to pay hipster prices.

7. Maharlika

Maharlika Senior member

Blueprint on Beverly Blvd. It's not high brow furniture but they do have some reasonable stuff. It's about 2 blocks east of La Cienega Blvd. Check them out!

8. socal79

socal79 New Member

You should check out Plummers in Culver City. That is where I got all of my furniture and they have some really nice things at good deals.