1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Furniture - Los Angeles

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Englandmj7, Jul 19, 2007.

1. Englandmj7

Englandmj7 Senior member

I did a search and found a couple of threads on furniture in San Francisco, NYC, online, as well as Matadorpoeta's thread on "ultramodern furniture" in LA etc. but nothing that really matches what I am researching.

Basically, I am looking for affordable stuff (i.e. Design Within Reach is a little more than I want to spend; on the opposite end, I don't want IKEA) to spruce up a new place. I know that in SF I've been to several cool warehouse-sized places offering modern, affordable furniture. I like the prices on this site, but I heard it is horrible and takes months to ship stuff:

http://www.sleekspaces.com/

Not looking for specific models at all (Eames, Barcelona, etc. I don't care if it's something well-known)........just need somewhere with a decent variety and a fair amount of stylish choices. I really don't want to stress conceptual or uber-modern stuff, just somewhere with non-boring options. Anywhere worth visiting?

Ideally, there would be a Muji in LA.

2. matadorpoeta

matadorpoeta Senior member

i'm going to guess that la brea and beverly will be too expensive, but you may want to try a place on venice called "french '50s and '60s". they just moved from abbot kinney and they are somewhere east of it, but i don't recall where.

3. Englandmj7

Englandmj7 Senior member

4. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Try the Helms Bakery complex, by Venice & National. There are a whole bunch of furniture stores, with various levels of pricing, from bare pine stuff to super-pricy modern or antique stuff. You can just stroll around and find the place that matches what you're looking for. You can also grab a great lunch at Beacon's, or drive a mile or so down Venice and get some tasty Cuban food at Versailles.
    http://1webblvd.com/helmsfurniture/default.htm

5. Englandmj7

Englandmj7 Senior member

Always driven by that place but never gone in. I'll be sure to.

6. whodini

whodini Senior member

There are a few places on Silver Lake blvd by the Silver Lake reservoir worth checking out but expect to pay hipster prices.

7. Maharlika

Maharlika Senior member

Blueprint on Beverly Blvd. It's not high brow furniture but they do have some reasonable stuff. It's about 2 blocks east of La Cienega Blvd. Check them out!

8. socal79

socal79 New Member

You should check out Plummers in Culver City. That is where I got all of my furniture and they have some really nice things at good deals.