• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fur

Ivan Kipling

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Money is no object. You see a magnificent, top bundle mink coat in your favorite color, style, and silhouette. Fits like couture. Reflects the light, like diamonds. Would you buy it?

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ivan, I would buy it if the style was suitable. If done properly, they are quite stylish.

Of course, if done improperly, they look pimp-ish.

Ivan Kipling

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agree. The coat would have to be of the absolute finest quality, in the flattest pelts, preferably black, in my case. A very simple cut and silhouette. My sister owns a number of glorious furs . . . she tells me they are incredibly toasty.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It’s your birthday. Someone gives you a calfskin wallet. How do you react?

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have nothing against fur in theory, but I'm not sure that I could actually wear it.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ivan Kipling
Agree. The coat would have to be of the absolute finest quality, in the flattest pelts, preferably black, in my case. A very simple cut and silhouette. My sister owns a number of glorious furs . . . she tells me they are incredibly toasty.
I absolutely love women who wear fine furs. These days, they're rather rare.

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
I absolutely love women who wear fine furs. These days, they're rather rare.
I'd love to see fur make a comeback in women's fashion.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am not violently against wearing fur (like PETA), but I would never buy a fur item based on principal, and do not find it attractive on women because of this.

However, there are some exceptions, such as coyote fur trim on the hood of a parka, or rabbit fur lined gloves.

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by VersaceMan
However, there are some exceptions, such as coyote fur trim on the hood of a parka, or rabbit fur lined gloves.
So, er, minks deserve to live but not coyotes and rabbits?
tounge.gif

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not for me, but love them on women.

redcaimen

Bigtime
Reaction score
Originally Posted by texas_jack
I've never seen a men's fur coat that I thought looked good. Maybe I need an example.

Well, what do you think?

Ivan Kipling

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
6a1are2.jpg

706d.jpg

I love it when my sister, wears fur . . . loved it on my mother, too. Love it on women, period.

stach

Reaction score
IMO fur for men is best done up as a sheared lining.

Ivan Kipling

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
stach . . . Chanel shared your viewpoint about fur, period. She loved fur, but basically as accent pieces . . . OR, as linings, for cashmere coats. One of my sister's coats, is lined in sheared mink. That one, is our favorite.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads