1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Fur

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Ivan Kipling, Sep 17, 2006.

1. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

I would love a mink lined coat - either a cashmere overcoat or a trenchcoat. i have a friend who has one, and I would love to have one.

my wife has a full length mink coat, as do my mother and sister.

2. Ivan Kipling

Ivan Kipling Senior member

globetrotter . . . my sister's mink lined coat, is in charcoal cashmere. The mink inside, is black. I don't have a photo of K., wearing it . . . quite a spectacular garment.

I would love a coat, lined in mink, too. Not sure I could find such a coat, around Chicago . . . the gray coat that I found for my sister . . . pictured earlier in in this thread, was purchased from New York. It was the only one of its kind in the United States, in my sister's size.

3. RJman

RJman Senior member Dubiously Honored

Ivaclav, aren't you missed elsewhere?

4. yachtie

yachtie Senior member

26 oz wool melton on the outside, sheared mink or beaver on the inside- A coat suitable for the worst Chicago or Twin Cities winters. In this it's more of "form follows function" as fur on the outside of a men's coat looks foppish at best, pimpish at worst and a fur lining traps more warmth than a fur shell.