Funny: What happens in an Internet car forum

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by blofeld, Jun 9, 2010.

1. blofeld

blofeld Senior member

2. radicaldog

radicaldog Senior member

Funny. Made me think of that SF threak with the body-building analogy (the noob had a point).

3. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

4. Southern-Nupe

Southern-Nupe Senior member

This is hilarious, and almost reminiscent of the auto-related threads in SF.

5. StephenHero

StephenHero Black Floridian

"Beefeater limited slip differential"

[​IMG]

6. TylerDurden

TylerDurden Senior member

Hahahahaha E30 BMW.......

7. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

SF version:

Q: "hi, i'm a jobless student with an interview in a week - help me pick out a good value suit that's quickly and widely available"

A: "bespoke Rubinacci"

8. Artisan Fan

Artisan Fan Suitsupply-sider

SF version: Q: "hi, i'm a jobless student with an interview in a week - help me pick out a good value suit that's quickly and widely available" A: "bespoke Rubinacci"
    [​IMG] So true on the car forums. Perfectly applicable on audio forums as well.

9. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

SF version: Q: "hi, i'm a jobless student with an interview in a week - help me pick out a good value suit that's quickly and widely available" A: "bespoke Rubinacci"
    [​IMG] You forgot to add: Q: "I also need a good pair of inexpensive shoes, also quickly available" A: "bespoke Koji Suzuki"

10. dune

dune Senior member

Isn't that what happens in an episode of How I Met Your Mother too?

11. Ataturk

Ataturk Senior member

Funny, but inaccurate. The car forum guys all have "beaters" that they drive day-to-day. They have to since their "rides" spend more time on blocks than on the road, as any enthusiast will tell you...

12. turboman808

turboman808 Senior member

Funny, but inaccurate. The car forum guys all have "beaters" that they drive day-to-day. They have to since their "rides" spend more time on blocks than on the road, as any enthusiast will tell you...

Hey, I resemble that remark. Really all mine run though.

Unless you are planning to do some spirited driving or going on a poker run or something it's highly impractical to drive some exotic car all the time. You got running cost, male curiosity, loud exhaust etc to deal with.

I normally drive my accord. Only once has some guy came up to me to talk about accords. Asked me how I liked it. Told him it's a ugly piece of shit but it gets me where I need to go and doesn't break down. He didn't like my answer, seems he had the same car. [​IMG]

I'm in the middle of hunting down an early 80s jaguar XJ6. Gonna try and use that as my daily driver and see how it goes. At least use it for nice weather. Then back to the accord for winter.

13. aleksandr

aleksandr Senior member

[​IMG] You forgot to add: Q: "I also need a good pair of inexpensive shoes, also quickly available" A: "bespoke Koji Suzuki"
    Plus eleventybillion. Not just clothes - E.g. - http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=183942 Some guy starts out asking for bluray vs DVD, and along the way popcorn hour, torrents, ps3s, netflix, all make appearances.

14. nerazzurrri

nerazzurrri Well-Known Member

Hahahahaha E30 BMW.......

That's God's chariot, the car that started it all for sports cars..

15. computerpro3

computerpro3 Senior member

Once you get an exotic, you'll want to drive it everyday. Curiosity and loud exhaust are part of the experience.. Driving an exotic makes going to the grocery store the highlight of your day. Even in the winter. Cost also isn't an issue if you have an exotic.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2011