• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Funny Hermes print

IndianBoyz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
a40l87.jpg

LOL what were they thinking, foxes and birds drinking a hot beverage?
Their silks are one of the finest and softest I've ever felt but this is like hilarious. :satisfied:

Last edited:

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

LOL what were they thinking, foxes and birds drinking a hot beverage?
Their silks are one of the finest and softest I've ever felt but this is like hilarious. :satisfied:

It's an illustration of one of Aesop's fables, about a fox and a stork.

A fox invited a stork to dinner and served a soup or stew on a marble slab which the hungry stork was not able to eat, because of the shape of its beak. The stork, in turn, invited the fox to dinner and served a narrow-mouthed jug filled with crumbled food. The stork was able to thrust her beak inside and eat as much as she wanted, while the fox was not able to eat anything, and could only lick the neck of the jug without getting any of the food.

Each of Aesop's fables concludes with a maxim or proverb, and this one illustrates the risk of setting a poor example, as when other people follow your example, you will not be able to complain about it but will just just have to put up with it. I suppose that another proverb/maxim that could be used, although perhaps a bit obscure nowadays, is that the fox was "hoist with his own petard".

IndianBoyz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

A fox invited a stork to dinner and served a soup or stew on a marble slab which the hungry stork was not able to eat, because of the shape of its beak. The stork, in turn, invited the fox to dinner and served a narrow-mouthed jug filled with crumbled food. The stork was able to thrust her beak inside and eat as much as she wanted, while the fox was not able to eat anything, and could only lick the neck of the jug without getting any of the food.

Each of Aesop's fables concludes with a maxim or proverb, and this one illustrates the risk of setting a poor example, as when other people follow your example, you will not be able to complain about it but will just just have to put up with it. I suppose that another proverb/maxim that could be used, although perhaps a bit obscure nowadays, is that the fox was "hoist with his own petard".

Wow ~ Thanks for the great explanation.

dsmolken

Reaction score

Oh. When I saw the pictures I thought the fox tricked the stork into drinking out of that jug. With the stork's head trapped, the fox could easily kill and eat it.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

SF is a school, you know. Here's proof. :teach:

stormin10

Reaction score
It may have an interesting story, but I want that tie. Do any of you know when it was released?

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This may be my second favorite Hermes tie behind the hungry hippos.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
see dad, I can learn something from spending all day on a website with guys taking pictures of themselves!

Bowtiedlad93

Reaction score
I will agree with you that their quality is top notch but this is not a print I would ever wear.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

By the way, 'andyinternational' on Ebay is a reliable seller with alot of knowledge, you might want to contact him.

And a SUPER nice guy. Lots of fun conversations with him.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads