• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Funny Halloween Costumes

mrpologuy

Reaction score
I have 2 Halloween parties to go to and want a super cool costume. Do you have any ideas? The GF said I can't go dressed up as superman in a wheel chair. She also said no Steve Irwin with a barb sticking out of my chest and no to Jon Benet Ramsey. Any ideas would help!!!

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
tribal-tattoo.gif

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Wear your best banker's suit and tie and accessorize as follows:

Handcuffs - Arthur Anderson auditor
Wheelbarrow (or bag) of money - CEO
marital aid sticking out of jacket pocket - Repubican congressman

Ivan Kipling

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One good thing about being 51: I no longer need to dress, for Halloween parties. How about going as a Yankee fan??
017-004.gif

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
A few years back I wore a suit and tie (no marital aids, no bag of money, no handcuffs) to the office. Everyone thought I was interviewing and didn't view it as a halloween costume. I tell you, the details truly make the outfit!

Ivan, no age is too old to dress up - though it's not mandatory. However, begging for candy should stop after thirty, after which time beer is more appropriate. A few years back we had two tubs - one with candy for the kids, one with beer for the dads. Strangely we got plenty of traffic.

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A few years back I missed a Halloween party where (I was told) there was a Magnum PI w/ his red Ferrari. A guy was dressed a la Magnum PI and his GF was wearing a red leather jumpsuit with a steering wheel somehow attached to her abdomen.

b

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I am going as the Unabomber.
Unabomber-sketch.png
Black hoodie (W&H), aviators (Zeiss) and a fake mustache. What kinds of pants and shoes do you think he wore? Jeans sound reasonable.

Gericaux

Reaction score
I bought an East German army uniform, decked out in soviet insignia. Not the funniest thing on Earth, but you can wear it with a tie and show cuff at least.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm going this year as a horse jockey.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
A couple years ago I went as a shower. I made this enourmous rig out of steel electrical conduit, two shower curtains, a bathrobe, a showerhead on a gold chain around my neck, and a crapload of straps, counterweights, and padding. I wore it all day at work (I worked at home depot at the time) and then broke it on my way to the bar to meet J. So then I was just wearing the bathrobe.

But it was classic.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
A couple years ago I went as a shower. I made this enourmous rig out of steel electrical conduit, two shower curtains, a bathrobe, a showerhead on a gold chain around my neck, and a crapload of straps, counterweights, and padding. I wore it all day at work (I worked at home depot at the time) and then broke it on my way to the bar to meet J. So then I was just wearing the bathrobe.

But it was classic.

daniel-san wore that costume in karate kid 1!

1.jpg

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
This is very lowbrow, but I am dressing as Steve Irwin. No barb out of my chest, no blood, just a Tampa Bay Devil Rays hat on.

Four years ago I taped a dorito to the shoulder of a polo shirt. I was a chip on a shoulder. Three years ago I dressed as a 60's basketball player - replete with extremely tight-fitting jersey, very short shorts,headband, white canvas shoes, and knee high socks. (It helps that I'm tall and skinny) The receptionist at my work, bless her heart, had the idea to make an enormous fake penis out of some panty hose and cotton. I let just the tip of that peek out from the shorts. Pretty entertaining - the best (& flattering) part was that many people thought it was real and whispered to my girlfriend that she needed to tell me to cover up.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidicboy
daniel-san wore that costume in karate kid 1!

1.jpg

Exatly where I drew the idea from...
smile.gif

Nantucket Red

"Mr. Fashionista"
Reaction score
One Halloween many years ago when I lived on Nantucket, I made a cardboard claw hammer head that fit over my head. I could reverse it and wear it with the claws facing either direction. I spray painted it silver. My friends and I went to the costume party at the Chicken Box, a local dive. Drunks loved it because they could crack stupid jokes like calling me "hammerhead" or telling me I was hammered. I was tripping heavily on acid and got a bit out of control and was thrown out of the Chicken Box for having a "dangerous costume." The Chicken Box has a reputation for being a pretty rough place, so getting thrown out was a bit of a distinction.

The following year, I made a cardboard cinder block that I wore on my head and went to the party at "The Box" again tripping heavily. Drunks all recognized me instantly as "blockhead," and I must have heard the comment about a thousand times that evening. I went with my girlfriend and managed to stay under control. That's the last time I dressed up.

This year, I'm thinking of going out as Tokyo Slim.
tounge.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads