• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Funniest movie of all time.

JBZ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
So I Married an Axe Murderer:

"Move that head! It's like Sputnik!"

"We have a piper down. I repeat, the piper is down."

"- Well, it's a well known fact, Sunny Jim, that there's a secret society of the five wealthiest people in the world, known as The Pentaveret, who run everything in the world, including the newspapers, and meet tri-annually at a secret country mansion in Colorado, known as The Meadows.

- So who's in this Pentaveret?

- The Queen, The Vatican, The Gettys, The Rothschilds, *and* Colonel Sanders before he went **** up. Oh, I hated the Colonel with is wee *beady* eye! And that smug look on his face, 'Oh, you're gonna buy my chicken! Ohhhhh!'"

Kaga

Reaction score
If my memory serves me correctly, there is an American pay cable station known as the Home Box Office, or HBO. The great Wuhl had a show known as Arli$$ on this station. I like the Wuhl. His turn in Batman was inspired.

Lost in Translation.

Kung Pow: Enter the Fist.

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Les Visiteurs (2003)

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Princess Bride was great. So I Married.... was also great and I had a crush on Nancy Travis in that movie.

It is shocking that Fast Times at Ridgemont High has not been mentioned. That movie was funny and a springboard for about 30 now popular actors (not to mention pretty much every teen comedy that has come out since).

Edit: No mention of the first Austin Powers??!?!?!!??!?!!?

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I apologize in advance to those that hated Austin Powers but I have to post some quotes:

Austin Powers: Did you just soil yourself?
Fat Bastard: Maybe.
Fat Bastard: [Laughs] It did sound a little wet didn't? Right at the end! Oooh! Heh heh heh. Let's have a smell alright? Hmmm, wafting, wafting. Oh everyone loves their own brand don't they? This is magic! Alright - analysis. Ooh, smells like carrots in throw up! Oh that could gag a maggot! It smells like hot sick... ass in a dead carcass! Even stink would say that stinks! You know when you go into an apartment building and you smell other people's cooking on each floor and you go "What are they cookin'?" That, plus crap!

Nigel Powers: There are only two things I hate; those who are intolerant of other people's cultures........and the Dutch.

This one is very apropos to this forum....................
Texan: Whoo! That is one crazy get-up, mister... Are you in the show?
Austin Powers: No, actually, I'm English.
Texan: Oh... sorry.

Vanessa Kensington: Mr. Powers, my job is to acclimatize you to the nineties. You know, a lot's changed since 1967.
Austin Powers: No doubt, love, but as long as people are still having promiscuous sex with many anonymous partners without protection while at the same time experimenting with mind-expanding drugs in a consequence-free environment, I'll be sound as a pound!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr. Evil: The details of my life are quite inconsequential... very well, where do I begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds- pretty standard really. At the age of twelve I received my first scribe. At the age of fourteen a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum... it's breathtaking- I highly suggest you try it.

JBZ

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
It is shocking that Fast Times at Ridgemont High has not been mentioned. That movie was funny and a springboard for about 30 now popular actors (not to mention pretty much every teen comedy that has come out since).

Phoebe_Cates_Fast_Times.jpg

smile.gif

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnapril
Les Visiteurs (2003)

You mean the original from 1993 with Jean Reno? That one was indeed excellent.

Oh, wait a minute. One of the best comedies I have seen is "Happiness of the Katakuris." "Shark Skin Man and Peach Hip Girl" has some of the funniest and most incompetent Yakuza henchmen I have seen
biggrin.gif

metaphysician

Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
Especially considering that we are talking about 80's money...I mean $520 for 4 people is a lot in 2006, but 20 years ago...
wow.gif

Jon.

That depends. Are you dining with kenpollock?

RJMan is right about The Naked Gun. I even liked Nielsen in Wrongfully Accused (his weird parody of Presumed Innocent/The Fugitive), so my taste in movies may be questionable.

Fast Times at Ridgemont High, like most of Cameron Crowe's movies, has not aged well.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by skalogre

IMMSMC, BOTH versions had Jean Reno in it.

Oh, wait a minute. One of the best comedies I have seen is "Happiness of the Katakuris.
I like the movie alot, its one of my favorites, but to be honest, IMO, it also has its faults, which is why I didn't include it earlier. The opening to that movie is one of the funniest things ever. Literally it is the best first five minutes of a movie that I have ever seen, but then the music/dance sequences are hit and miss. Shizue and Richard's "love at first sight" duet is priceless, and the song immediately following the discovery of the first suicide is also great. (and the son's ridiculous dance moves!) The song with the zombies and the random duet between the mother and father on the other hand...meh. If they would have asked for top 5 funniest movies of all time, this would be on it, but Groundhog Day, Office Space, and Super Troopers are my clear top three.

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Tell me this thread hasn't gone five pages without someone mentioning "Ghostbusters" ...

ghostbusters.jpg

"Generally, you don't see that kind of behavior in a major appliance."

"You're gonna endanger us. You're gonna endanger our client. The nice woman who paid us in advance, before she became a dog."

"You're right, no human being would stack books like this. "

"Hee hee. 'Get her.' That was your whole plan. I like it; it was scientific."

faustian bargain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i like caddyshack better, for a murray vehicle. dan akroyd doesn't do it for me. (although spies like us had a couple of moments.)

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel

yes. judge reinhold and eric stoltz really broke out with this movie.

btw, nancy wilson (of heart) appeared in this movie, too. her role was "girl in corvette"

how about the 2 WORST i've seen in recent memory. thank you, rowan atkinson!
sneaky2.gif

amaz.gif

B0000A5BS7.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I liked Johnny English. It appealed to my inner Sophistication.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Withnail and I

Danny: Why trust one drug and not the other? That's politics, isn't it?
Withnail: What are you talking about Danny?
Danny: Politics man. If you're hanging on to a rising balloon, you're presented with a difficult decision; let go before it's too late, or hold on and keep getting higher. Posing the question, how long can you keep a grip on the rope?

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by skalogre

Yeah, that one. I pissed myself laughing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads