1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Funniest eBay auction in a long time.

Discussion in 'B&S Archive' started by Connemara, Aug 6, 2007.

1. whodini

whodini Senior member

I think that was ed's joke.

2. amerikajinda

amerikajinda Senior member

I just love this description of one of the ties, "GOOD but not like REALLY good." [​IMG]

3. whodini

whodini Senior member

I think he was channeling George Carlin's Rufus when calls the condition of a tie "Most Excellent." Added update:
    I think now's the time to let him know your TRUE alma mater, amerika....

4. amerikajinda

I think he was channeling George Carlin's Rufus when calls the condition of a tie "Most Excellent."

Added update:

I think now's the time to let him know your TRUE alma mater, amerika....

OH crap, he's on to me! [​IMG]

5. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

On Aug-06-07 at 10:53:33 PDT, seller added the following information:

ALLOW ME TO REITERATE MY ANGER.. IF YOU GO TO DARTMOUTH KEEP YOUR FILTHY BID BUTTON OFF MY TIES HOLY SHIT....

ROFL

6. amerikajinda

Bid $10.00, still outbid. The kid ninja strikes again.

I see you're back in the saddle!

This is funny: "MADE IN ITALY (HOLY SHIT!)"

7. rnoldh

rnoldh Senior member

I'd buy them, but I went to Dartmouth [​IMG]

From the sellers ad:

"THANKS FOR LOOKING! DON'T GO TO DARTMOUTH THEY'RE PRICKS!"

And this:

"IMPORTANT UPDATE (AUGUST 6) - SO SOME LOSER JUST MESSAGED ME AND WAS LIKE "YO I GO TO DARTMOUTH AND I'M PLEDGING TO KAPPA KAPPA KAPPA NEXT YEAR. ANYWAY NICE TIES, BRO". EXCUSE ME? I EAT KAPPAS FOR BREAKFAST. ALSO YALE TOTALLY KICKS DARTMOUTH'S ASS IN FOOTBALL EACH YEAR EVERY YEAR FOR THE LAST 500 YEARS. NEW RULE - DARTMOUTH KIDS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BID. HOW WILL I KNOW IF YOU GO TO DARTMOUTH? IF YOU'RE PAYPAL PAYMENT HAS VERMONT MAPLE SYRUP STAINS ALL OVER IT AND "I LOVE DANIEL WEBSTER CUZ HE WENT TO MY SCHOOL" IN THAT ANNOYING "SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO THE SELLER" BOX. GOD I HATE DARTMOUTH. "WE HAVE A MEDICAL SCHOOL BUT WE'RE JUST A LITTLE COLLEGE BOO HOO". DON'T GET ME STARTED...

TO EVERYONE ELSE: keep ruling
    ."

And this:

"ALLOW ME TO REITERATE MY ANGER.. IF YOU GO TO DARTMOUTH KEEP YOUR FILTHY BID BUTTON OFF MY TIES HOLY SHIT...."

If this kid is an example of the typical Yale student of today then the Ivy league is not what it once was. I guess this "Yalie" needs the $15 or so that these decidedly average ties will sell for.

BTW: I wonder what kind of dealership his dad owns?

8. username79

username79 Senior member

9. amerikajinda

From the sellers ad: "IF YOU'RE PAYPAL PAYMENT HAS VERMONT MAPLE SYRUP STAINS ALL OVER IT..." If this kid is an example of the typical Yale student of today then the Ivy league is not what it once was.
    I seriously doubt anybody admitted to Yale would ever make such an egregious grammatical mistake (using "you're" instead of "your").

10. Pennglock

Pennglock Senior member

It's a joke, guys... and a fuckin hilarious one at that.

11. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Senior member

I see now where the interest on those ties come from...

lakewolf, what kind of dance is that??

i am trying for the life of me , trying to follow his dance steps but he is going to fast.

12. Countertenor

Countertenor Senior member

I seriously doubt anybody admitted to Yale would ever make such an egregious grammatical mistake (using "you're" instead of "your").

You'd be surprised...

13. edmorel

edmorel Senior member Dubiously Honored

You'd be surprised...

GWB went to Yale, he has made worst grammatical mistakes. Yalies are jealous because it is a known fact that we at Dartmouth have the biggest schlongs of all the Ivy League schools. They don't call us the "Big Green" for nothing.

14. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

GWB went to Yale, he has made worst grammatical mistakes. Yalies are jealous because it is a known fact that we at Dartmouth have the biggest schlongs of all the Ivy League schools. They don't call us the "Big Green" for nothing.

Maybe it means your penises are all gangrenous.

15. whodini

whodini Senior member

It's a joke, guys... and a fuckin hilarious one at that.
    Joke?

How dare he play with my emotions.

16. Aristocrat

Aristocrat Senior member

"IMPORTANT UPDATE (AUGUST 6) - SO SOME LOSER JUST MESSAGED ME AND WAS LIKE "YO I GO TO DARTMOUTH AND I'M PLEDGING TO KAPPA KAPPA KAPPA NEXT YEAR. ANYWAY NICE TIES, BRO". EXCUSE ME? I EAT KAPPAS FOR BREAKFAST. ALSO YALE TOTALLY KICKS DARTMOUTH'S ASS IN FOOTBALL EACH YEAR EVERY YEAR FOR THE LAST 500 YEARS. NEW RULE - DARTMOUTH KIDS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO BID. HOW WILL I KNOW IF YOU GO TO DARTMOUTH? IF YOU'RE PAYPAL PAYMENT HAS VERMONT MAPLE SYRUP STAINS ALL OVER IT AND "I LOVE DANIEL WEBSTER CUZ HE WENT TO MY SCHOOL" IN THAT ANNOYING "SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO THE SELLER" BOX. GOD I HATE DARTMOUTH. "WE HAVE A MEDICAL SCHOOL BUT WE'RE JUST A LITTLE COLLEGE BOO HOO". DON'T GET ME STARTED...

TO EVERYONE ELSE: keep ruling
    ."

Haha probably the funniest thing on ebay ever written.
    I love this guy man.

17. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan Senior member

I see you're back in the saddle!

This is funny: "MADE IN ITALY (HOLY SHIT!)"

Yeah, I kind of want to taunt the seller if I win the bid (I'm actually doubting I'll ever get the merchandise). Pretty cheap investment so far, I think I set my max bid at $15.00.

18. amerikajinda

Yeah, I kind of want to taunt the seller if I win the bid (I'm actually doubting I'll ever get the merchandise). Pretty cheap investment so far, I think I set my max bid at $15.00.

i'm wondering if the seller isn't one of our fellow forum members... if you win you could always split them up and re-sell!

19. contactme_11

contactme_11 Senior member

I love these descriptions!

20. distinctive

distinctive Senior member

Ed, worst? Was that intentional?