• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fun with Cosplay - 1941 Edition

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chips
Looks great. Nice find!
Thanks.
Originally Posted by blackrover
Fantastic, thanks for sharing. They still make most of their jackets quarter lined, heritage at it finest...
You know, I remember seeing a few "Oxford" coats at my local Salvation Army. I tried them on and they fit well, but I figured the "Oxford" was just a knock off of "Oxxford." I am going to have to run back to the store to pick them up.
Originally Posted by edmorel
No toilet pics?
Not today. Maybe after I've installed my vintage 1941 Kohler.
Originally Posted by Anthony Jordan
Very nice; as a fellow 39" chest, I covet....
What's surprising is that I am NOT a 39 chest - by every other modern brand's measure I am a 36. But reading the eBay listing, I saw that the measurements looked right (and it was, in fact, listed as a 36 on eBay). I can only assume the last guy had it altered, or that sizing has really changed in the last years.
Originally Posted by idfnl
If it fits, I wouldnt touch it, no matter what. It is what it is, and converting it to something different would be like chopping up an antique. As far as the high pants go, you wont see them since the jacket would be buttoned. Superb suit. A great heirloom.
That's exactly my feeling. It'd be like ruining a piece of history to get it altered in any way. I have no problem with the high pants - It finally makes the short 40s ties useful for something. I am just not sure if my braces are able to be shortened enough to accommodate the difference in rise.

ZON_JR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We've lost you to the Dark Side. Enjoy life--especially the swing dance parties--at your new FL home. Nice knowing you.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ZON_JR
We've lost you to the Dark Side. Enjoy life--especially the swing dance parties--at your new FL home. Nice knowing you.

I forsee a lot of spectator shoes, pants worn a few inches below his nips and wide ties that are about 6 inches in length.

jcriswel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by idfnl

As far as the high pants go, you wont see them since the jacket would be buttoned.

Oh no... I hope we don't start another heated discussion about what is visible (braces ?) and not when a man keeps his jacket buttoned up.
plain.gif

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jcriswel
Oh no... I hope we don't start another heated discussion about what is visible (braces ?) and not when a man keeps his jacket buttoned up.
plain.gif

lol8[1].gif

Moot, as the suit has a waistcoat too.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Superb suit ....wear it and enjoy the historic wonderfulness of it.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
very cool. you need a Tommy gun

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by apropos
Holy crap, Manton?

Oh Christ. A very apropos observation.

Originally Posted by HRoi
very cool. you need a Tommy gun

I would love one, but can't afford the federal stamp tax on a full-auto firearm.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads