• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Full-Toe V Combination Shoe Trees

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
any preferences and why?

Trompe le Monde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the cheap ones on ebay because they are identical to the more expensive "branded" ones

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you mean these:
Wood1cdrp.jpg
If so, I used to go to pick up the unbranded Woodlore ones for about $13 each by the bagful. I have since moved away from them and get these from RL:
eg-tree.jpg
Night and day difference especially if you wear predominantly English shoes. RL sells 2 versions which are basically identical save for the box, $55 & $75 respectively. They fill the shoe better with the larger heel and higher vamp.

Trompe le Monde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i buy these at the cheapest price i can find

111_Cedar_Shoes_Close_Up.JPG

they are listed with keywords "cedar aromatic" trees

JamesX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Becareful with those trees. I got the exact size for my shoe and it ended up being too big and is stretching my shoes out. But I am at the exact middle between S and M trees (size 8). If you are between sizes (or at the low end of the spectrum) might want to go with the smaller size.

There are some great shoe trees to be had at the Thrift Store, might want to check there first.

SpallaCamiccia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Trompe le Monde

I got mines in bexley france that model but does not have that useful trigger , so my nails do suffer when I got to remove the trees from the shoes.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Those look a lot like the costco ones that were going around 2 years ago.

Unfortunately, the costco ones were only in once size which is not quite long enough for some of my shoes (I am in the 10.5-11.5 range)

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've purchased the Woodlore type for years from J&M, but the RL type looks as though it would indeed be better. I'll have to give them a try.

BlackShoes

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JamesX
Becareful with those trees. I got the exact size for my shoe and it ended up being too big and is stretching my shoes out. But I am at the exact middle between S and M trees (size 8). If you are between sizes (or at the low end of the spectrum) might want to go with the smaller size. There are some great shoe trees to be had at the Thrift Store, might want to check there first.
Quality trees come in shoe sizes, even more baller are lasted trees (bespoke or not).

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
I've purchased the Woodlore type for years from J&M, but the RL type looks as though it would indeed be better. I'll have to give them a try.

You will not regret it.

Trompe le Monde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by otc
Those look a lot like the costco ones that were going around 2 years ago.

Unfortunately, the costco ones were only in once size which is not quite long enough for some of my shoes (I am in the 10.5-11.5 range)

i also bought the batch from costco. i cant recall the packaging, but i know the ebay ones are certainly from the same manufacturer. also happens to work perfectly for US10 size
smile.gif

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Doctor Taki
This one looks nice but it's not made of cedar. It's made from lime wood (linden tree) but one good thing is that the sizes are very close so you can get a closer fit for your shoes.

http://www.shoetreemarketplace.com/M...and_p/6341.htm

For more than 1 pair it sounds like a good deal with the -10% and free shipping. Might have to check them out.

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shoes come in lots of different lasts, so you will need to experiment with different shoe trees for each shoe. Personally the biggest thing I look for is a tree that fills lout the area around the ball of the feet to prevent any creasing in that area.

For most of my shoes I use either:

combination_tree.jpg

or
epic_tree.jpg

But short of a lasted shoe-tree, there is no perfect/universal answer, so you will have to experiment a bit.

thewaxmania

Reaction score

I just purchased these for a deal on eBay and thought I'd give them a try. I wear an 8/8.5D and I can't seem to get them to fit inside. Is there a trick to sneaking them in or will I have to trim a little cedar so they fit. The box said they fit men's size 8-11. Seemed like a pretty big range, but I couldn't pass them up for about $25 for two pair.

Thanks gents.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads