• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Full-Toe V Combination Shoe Trees

in stitches

Kung Joo
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
any preferences and why?

Trompe le Monde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the cheap ones on ebay because they are identical to the more expensive "branded" ones

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you mean these:
If so, I used to go to pick up the unbranded Woodlore ones for about $13 each by the bagful. I have since moved away from them and get these from RL:
Night and day difference especially if you wear predominantly English shoes. RL sells 2 versions which are basically identical save for the box, $55 & $75 respectively. They fill the shoe better with the larger heel and higher vamp.

Trompe le Monde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i buy these at the cheapest price i can find

they are listed with keywords "cedar aromatic" trees

JamesX

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Becareful with those trees. I got the exact size for my shoe and it ended up being too big and is stretching my shoes out. But I am at the exact middle between S and M trees (size 8). If you are between sizes (or at the low end of the spectrum) might want to go with the smaller size.

There are some great shoe trees to be had at the Thrift Store, might want to check there first.

SpallaCamiccia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Trompe le Monde

I got mines in bexley france that model but does not have that useful trigger , so my nails do suffer when I got to remove the trees from the shoes.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Those look a lot like the costco ones that were going around 2 years ago.

Unfortunately, the costco ones were only in once size which is not quite long enough for some of my shoes (I am in the 10.5-11.5 range)

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've purchased the Woodlore type for years from J&M, but the RL type looks as though it would indeed be better. I'll have to give them a try.

BlackShoes

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JamesX
Becareful with those trees. I got the exact size for my shoe and it ended up being too big and is stretching my shoes out. But I am at the exact middle between S and M trees (size 8). If you are between sizes (or at the low end of the spectrum) might want to go with the smaller size. There are some great shoe trees to be had at the Thrift Store, might want to check there first.
Quality trees come in shoe sizes, even more baller are lasted trees (bespoke or not).

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
I've purchased the Woodlore type for years from J&M, but the RL type looks as though it would indeed be better. I'll have to give them a try.

You will not regret it.

Trompe le Monde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by otc
Those look a lot like the costco ones that were going around 2 years ago.

Unfortunately, the costco ones were only in once size which is not quite long enough for some of my shoes (I am in the 10.5-11.5 range)

i also bought the batch from costco. i cant recall the packaging, but i know the ebay ones are certainly from the same manufacturer. also happens to work perfectly for US10 size

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Doctor Taki
This one looks nice but it's not made of cedar. It's made from lime wood (linden tree) but one good thing is that the sizes are very close so you can get a closer fit for your shoes.

http://www.shoetreemarketplace.com/M...and_p/6341.htm

For more than 1 pair it sounds like a good deal with the -10% and free shipping. Might have to check them out.

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shoes come in lots of different lasts, so you will need to experiment with different shoe trees for each shoe. Personally the biggest thing I look for is a tree that fills lout the area around the ball of the feet to prevent any creasing in that area.

For most of my shoes I use either:

or

But short of a lasted shoe-tree, there is no perfect/universal answer, so you will have to experiment a bit.

thewaxmania

Reaction score

I just purchased these for a deal on eBay and thought I'd give them a try. I wear an 8/8.5D and I can't seem to get them to fit inside. Is there a trick to sneaking them in or will I have to trim a little cedar so they fit. The box said they fit men's size 8-11. Seemed like a pretty big range, but I couldn't pass them up for about $25 for two pair.

Thanks gents.

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.