• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Full norfolk cloth follow up, trouser options?

mdg137

Reaction score
Back in August, I ordered a full norfolk from Bookster-- arrived today, currently at my tailor for a couple minor tweaks.

I ended up going with the harris tweed lovat:
palelovatjpg.jpg

The actual cloth is a tiny bit more gray/cooler than the image appears on my monitor.

Any suggestions for what trousers would go best with this?

Marcellionheart

Reaction score
I have a tweed jacket made in that Harris from Bookster. I think it looks great with green/brown cords and my black jeans that I have. It also went alright with my darker chinos when the weather was warm. I'm still mulling getting matching trousers.

I'd love to see a picture of your Full Norfolk to compare with my jacket.

mdg137

Reaction score
I honestly expected at least one response containing an "office pants" reference...

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a Norfolk in a totally different color than yours. It's brown and beige barleycorn tweed with an orange overcheck. I'm not sure what book it's from, but it was made by Gieves and Hawkes and I bought it second hand.

I wear it with brown cords or solid brown trousers as well as navy blue trousers with a lighter blue check.

I think you could wear yours with green/brown as suggested above or navy blue as well.

TTO

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Office pants.
smile.gif

Also Heavy Flannel, any grey or brown based check should work and the cords or moleskins mentioned above.
-TTO

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads