• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Full norfolk cloth follow up, trouser options?

mdg137

Reaction score
Back in August, I ordered a full norfolk from Bookster-- arrived today, currently at my tailor for a couple minor tweaks.

I ended up going with the harris tweed lovat:

The actual cloth is a tiny bit more gray/cooler than the image appears on my monitor.

Any suggestions for what trousers would go best with this?

Marcellionheart

Reaction score
I have a tweed jacket made in that Harris from Bookster. I think it looks great with green/brown cords and my black jeans that I have. It also went alright with my darker chinos when the weather was warm. I'm still mulling getting matching trousers.

I'd love to see a picture of your Full Norfolk to compare with my jacket.

mdg137

Reaction score
I honestly expected at least one response containing an "office pants" reference...

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a Norfolk in a totally different color than yours. It's brown and beige barleycorn tweed with an orange overcheck. I'm not sure what book it's from, but it was made by Gieves and Hawkes and I bought it second hand.

I wear it with brown cords or solid brown trousers as well as navy blue trousers with a lighter blue check.

I think you could wear yours with green/brown as suggested above or navy blue as well.

TTO

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Office pants.

Also Heavy Flannel, any grey or brown based check should work and the cords or moleskins mentioned above.
-TTO

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 13 14.6%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 27 30.3%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 21 23.6%
  • 31 - 40