• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Full-length coat

Abe2

Reaction score
I need a full-length coat, black, cashmere, but here's the kicker - I'm a young, slim guy and don't want the typical boxy look - is there anything that's a little more fitted? Much appreciated, thanks.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Probably one of the Italian houses would have what you're looking for. I'd try some of Steve B.'s outlets because that will be pretty much out of season right now and you might be able to get a deal. Also, since a long coat is a very simple garment with little in the way of construction, you might be able to get a tailor to take your size coat and recut it to fit you better for not as much money as you might think.

I actually found nice Ralph Lauren lambswool and cashmere overcoats for $70, but only in 46R, and considered buying one and recutting the whole thing to fit me (40R-L). You can't buy the fabric for that much.

j.

thc

Reaction score
Here are some brands to look at that have a slim and fitted look:

Helmut Lang
Jil Sander
Prada
Calvin Klein Collection

These brands probably aren't a surprise to anyone, but just in case you were unaware...

Michael

Reaction score
That RL coat is my size.. Where'd you find it?

Michael

Reaction score
I want to put this back on top because I really want this thing...

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
They are at the Nordstrom Rack in Bellevue WA.

GQ-TKE

Reaction score
I am about the same size, kind of tall, slim, I have a Banana Republic full length that fits my body like a glove, it was aroung $350 and worth every penny, however I bought it back in November and they may be harder to find now. I also have a three-quarter length form fitted mens express black coat that I only paid a little over $200 for, both excellent but Banana Republic seems to be of a litle better quality. Here in Northern Kentucky there aren't too many "nicer" stores to choose from.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
J, Got a great sweater and pair of cuff links at that Rack just about a year ago. Anyway- phone no and address would be at www.nordstrom.com, under Bellevue, Washington.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads