• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Full League - DRAFT: 10/29 @ 5pst ***The Official Alden x SF 2013/2014 Yahoo! Fantasy B-Ball League

Interested?

• yes, im going to win this

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • no, silly idea

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • maybe, depends on whether lamar odom can sign with a team so I can draft him with the #1 pick

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
League is full

Hello All,

Idea came up in the Alden thread for a fantasy league. Since football has already begun and bball right around the corner, their is time still to get a 10-12 team league up and running.

$50 buy-in, 12 managers

set-up:

• Head - to - head daily setup
  • Auction Draft with $200 a team
  • Yahoo! not ESPN

Payouts (assuming 12 person league):

• 1st - $410 (enough for a pair of Aldens from the shoe mart seconds list + $10 fedex shipping!
  • 2nd - $140
  • 3rd - $50

Last year's thread: http://www.styleforum.net/t/317881/...sy-basketball-league-2012-2013-25-buy-in/0_50

Tentative Participants:

1. CHRK33
2. Rydenfan
3. Steve B.
4. idfnl
5. NAMOR
6. trig
7. Calikid
8. Bibs
9. Mikey34 (reigning champ)
10. Indesertum
11. RFX45

Paid and Spot Secured:

1. Calikid
2. Mikey34 da reignin' champ
3. NAMOR
4. Steve B.
5. trig
6. djblisk
7. rydenfan
8. CHRK33
9. Idfnl
10. Bibs
11. dlm4114
12. Indesurtum

Last edited:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
post in this thread if interested

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
I'm in.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
excellent. we have 4 who are interested and just on the first day!

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm in. What is the difference between an auction draft and what we did last year?

Last edited:

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
TYpically what happens is that in the earlier part of the draft, people spend a **** ton on 1st round quality players and then have very little money to fill the remainder of their roster. an example of a team can look like this after just 3 rounds:

Lebron $84
Curry $54
Gasol $36

$174 already spent with only $26 left to fill out their rosters. thats when you fill out the remainder of the draft with the kyle korvers and elton brands for $1 - $5 a pop

Or you could go with a more balanced approach:

Gasol $36
Cousins $45
Iguodola $28
Jarret Jack $10
Monte Ellis $28
Jason Thompson $1
Glen Henderson $5
Thaddeus Young $12
Several more $1-5 players to fill out roster
etc

The money goes fast so I wouldnt worry to much about not filing your roster. Guys like Sanders from the Bucks and Harrison from GSW werent even drafted last year.

30 seconds to bid, and then if someone snips with less then 5 seconds left, another 5 seconds is added on to the player being drafted until all bidding is exhausted. I generally recommend doing a mock draft a couple of times, especially if youre not familiar with the format. The past couple of years we used the snake draft function however Auction is more fun, i think youll like it

Last edited:

trig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i might be in. not quite familiar with auction drafting though

edit: go ahead and count me in.

Last edited:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
fantastic. should be a great season. not as many injuries as last year, wonder how much a Kobe will go for..

CHRK33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great idea, Namor. As I said before, I am definitely in.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
By the way, are thinking of switching to ESPN? I like the Yahoo interface and its mobile app. I don't know what ESPN has, though.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Great idea, Namor. As I said before, I am definitely in.

Awesome. Didn't know you were into fantasy but I'm glad to have another person from DC represent. John Wall the real deal this year?

Idfnl, we're most likely sticking with Yahoo

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads