1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Full League - DRAFT: 10/29 @ 5pst ***The Official Alden x SF 2013/2014 Yahoo! Fantasy B-Ball League

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by NAMOR, Sep 11, 2013.

Interested?

1. yes, im going to win this

7 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. no, silly idea

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. maybe, depends on whether lamar odom can sign with a team so I can draft him with the #1 pick

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. djblisk

djblisk Senior member

Yep. He killed it.

Is there a reason why we only allow 3 transactions per week?

2. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

I keep hoping Kawhi Leonard steps it up. This was supposed to be a big year for him but guys like Ariza and and Jordan Crawford are outplaying him.

At least I have both the Eastern and Western conference players of the week on my team ;)

3. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

You don't talk to the, ehem, league leader this way, son.

Unfortunately you might be right. Luol Deng has been out all week and he's been balling. So far its 6-3... I should be able to wind it back to 5-4.

4. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

LOL at the latest trade offer I received. Jameer Nelson, just picked up off the wire was offered to me for the low low price of league leading rebounder DeAndre Jordan.

5. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

is that the same jameer Nelson I dropped for robin Lopez? Is robin Lopez as good as Deandre Jordan? 'Oly shit I got me a steal then

6. djblisk

djblisk Senior member

lol.

I fucking love Steph Curry 33 points, 6 threes, great percentage, 10 assists, 4 rebounds.

7. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Fantasy beast. Just beastin' right now and healthy. Congrats for taking the risk

8. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

31 points and 25 boards for Aldridge last night! Damn

9. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

good comeback leader

10. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Fuck, you had a career week there -I had no answer for you. I was one steal away from 4-5. I'll take the 3 wins and a tie considering I was down 8-1 Friday. Nice work.... and you don't have Davis. You're gonna be a handful in the playoffs.

Now I have Mikey this week... fuck. I hate it when you're down 3 games on Monday... playing catchup sucks.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
  11. djblisk

djblisk Senior member

Preaching to the choir.

My team has been playing like shit or the other team has careers nights against me.

12. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

Lopez, Conley, and martin all out with injuries. Great

13. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

That fucking blows. I wish I was playing you

1 person likes this.
  14. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Westbrook... last 5 games is almost averaging a triple double. If he could only stop turning the ball over.

Faried is turning into a bit of a dud this season. The dude just doesn't seem motivated.

15. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Tell me about it. Isaiah Thomas has been playing lights out but between him and Brandon Jennings I have been racking up some turnovers

16. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

Westbrook, Harden and Brandon Knight... by themselves they lose me that category every week. And that's not an exaggeration.

17. djblisk

djblisk Senior member

How did you guys know how to draft players for all those fantasy categories?

I know its a newb question, but now I know why auto-drafting blows. I keep getting killed in my games.

18. idfnl

idfnl Senior member

You can't win across all cats. You have to focus your draft on a few key ones and try and draft guys that can supplement some of the others so you're competitive. For example, I knew by drafting both Harden and Westbrook I might as well forget about turnovers week on week, but they are strong in other areas so on balance it was the right choice. So knowing this, I can draft guys with the weakness of high turnovers since I've abandoned the category.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
  19. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

The waiver wire should be your friend. I had connectivity issues and was forced in auto-draft as well, and I am currently leading the league. That being said I don't think my team is the strongest team for the balance of the year but I am trying to ride hot players where possible. A guy like Jordan Crawford is a great example; he has been playing at a very high level for Boston over the last 30 days. I expect his productivity to drop once Rondo returns, but for now it is high. On the flip side I dropped Trey Burke because I was uncertain of how long his injury would last and he has been putting up some pretty high numbers.

20. djblisk

djblisk Senior member