• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Full-fit Dress Shirts

Wild Onion

Reaction score
Gentlemen, I need your help:

I need to find a fuller-fitting RTW dress shirt. I typically wear a 16.5/36, but my waist is a 40, larger than for which most shirts are cut.

I need a shirt that I can find either retail or discount for less than $75. I've tried the BB and Jos. A Bank shirts, but they are too slim, and aren't long enough in the body (I'm 6'3"). I currently wear the Dillards' R&Y Gold Label shirts, but they only come in a couple of colors.

I don't need anything fancy, just a good, serviceable dress shirt, that doesn't look too small when I take off my jacket.

TIA

spence

Reaction score
I think Ike Behar may be exactly what you're looking for. Decent quality, full cut and can be had for 50 dollars or less most of the time. They always have them at the better outlet centers (like Off 5th's, Last Call etc...) and can often be found at better Marshalls and TJMaxx stores.

Sierratradingpost.com has a bunch right now, and there's a 20% and free shipping coupon right now. If you can't find one online PM me and I'll email you mine.

thanks,

-spence

fcuknu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah ike behar are cut rather large and if you get them on promotion they can be a good value.

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's people like you that make shirts fit like tents on the rest of us.
nest.gif

Wild Onion

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bluemagic
It's people like you that make shirts fit like tents on the rest of us.
nest.gif

My wife is a good cook, and likes to bake me cookies. Blame her
smile.gif

litho

Reaction score
i've recently taken the dive in to online made to measure shirts and am astatic with the results

i used the nialma "buy 3 and get a free shirt first" deal, but i heard about janzten making very cheap shirts (i cannot say anything about them though as i've never taken the risk)

far too much wine to be more constructive than that

Doc4

Reaction score
There are several English shirt companies which make dress shirts that might fit you. Not many of us here look for shirts of that particular fit, so not many will be able to say from personal experience that 'yes' a certain shirt will fit ...

... but the English companies tend to make tent-like shirts, apart from the so-called "slim fit".

Some of the companies, like Tyrwhitt and Lewin, have frequent 'sales' ... so frequent they're basically the 'regular price' ... and there are many threads here about relative quality.

fcuknu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was thinking of mentioning Polo, but those are ridiculously big and the quality really isnt there unless you are getting them at 1/2 off or better.

bobbers

Reaction score
Originally Posted by J'aimelescravates
Have you tried Polo Ralph Lauren classic fit?
They are ok quality, inexpensive, roomy, come in many colors and can be found in many department stores.

+1 on Polo Ralph Lauren. I find them full cut and long. I wouldn't pay the full retail price ($80, I think) for these, but for $40 or less at discount places like Marshalls and Filene's Basement they're might do the trick for you.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads