• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Full cut winter jacket

modual

Reaction score
I'm pretty hopeless when it comes to winter jackets / coats but i found this online and wondering what you guys think and how you'd describe its aesthetic.
Is it more military or worker style ?
What other clothing would work with this style i.e slim or fuller cut jeans , sneakers or desert boots.
I guess i'm just trying to work out if the style would suit me.

2796-300.jpg

2796-d5.jpg

2796-d9.jpg

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ "Outdoors" styled imo,but not far from some military pieces.
Depending on the length it would work with normal straight cuts jeans(if the jacket is longer) to fuller cut (if shorter). A long and full coat with wide pants can look a bit too baggy, while a full cut, but shorter and boxier jacket works better with wider pants.

Raw denim/twill pants, black red wings, charcoal/grey/forest green cardigan, ocbd shirts, wool beanie. Of course it would work with desert boots aswell, but not sneakers since the jacket looks rather heavy.

Personally I would go for another color than black, say dark green, since I feel alot more colors work with green than black (brown, all hues of blue, etc).

modual

Reaction score
Thanks Bobo very informative. The jackets length is just below the butt so would you class that as short or long ??

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would class that as rather long, but again, it depends on how the jacket fits and how it drapes. A thinner, drapier jacket could work with wider pants, even if its longer.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads