• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Full Count Jeans

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
here is another great japanese denim and clothing company.

these are the 1108's, which is one of their straight mid-rise cuts. there is a small fullcount question thread but i wanted to start a company thread for us to discuss all things fullcount. the denim on the 1108 has an amazing feel and this jean has some great details. they use zimbabwe cotton and the denim is 13.75 oz so its a great year round jean. did i mention the great details on these things ...
smile.gif

IIIrd - can you post your contest fc's to give us an idea of how these things fade?

here are some pics of my raw pair. enjoy!
DSCN0030.jpg
DSCN0048.jpg
DSCN0032.jpg
DSCN0079.jpg
DSCN0094.jpg
DSCN0090-1.jpg
DSCN0050.jpg

beautiful_FrEaK

Reaction score
The contest pair used a special 15,5oz denim. So I don't think you can really compare the fading.
But yeah, the Fullcounts are a nice pair. Nice '66 cut from one of the Osaka5

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by beautiful_FrEaK
The contest pair used a special 15,5oz denim. So I don't think you can really compare the fading.
But yeah, the Fullcounts are a nice pair. Nice '66 cut from one of the Osaka5

oh your right ... they used the green line selvage. thanks for the clarification.

Guyute

Reaction score
These are my current jeans, the 1108's (without arc's, from BiG). Been wearing since 10/17/10...I really like the fit and denim. My one concern is that they use something like 17 different threads in the construction, some of the threads meant to break down before others...I wasn't aware of this when I bought them or it may have affected my purchase, as I'm more interested in the idea of a sturdy pair as opposed to a pair that is "designed" to break.

I've only worn for a few months, but I can try to post some pics if there's interest.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Guyute
These are my current jeans, the 1108's (without arc's, from BiG). Been wearing since 10/17/10...I really like the fit and denim. My one concern is that they use something like 17 different threads in the construction, some of the threads meant to break down before others...I wasn't aware of this when I bought them or it may have affected my purchase, as I'm more interested in the idea of a sturdy pair as opposed to a pair that is "designed" to break. I've only worn for a few months, but I can try to post some pics if there's interest.
yes, please post pics ... this thread needs some love. how much did yours stretch? pre-wash fit is okay ... excellent thru the legs but the waist is what im a tad worried about. do you recall how much it stretched and what your stretched? i can ex-change for a 32 if i have too ...

Guyute

Reaction score
They definitely stretch...I couldn't give an exact measurement...I mean I'm guessing they stretch pretty much back to their original size in the waist at least, maybe a bit more in the thigh at this point, nearly 3 months later.

I bought these predominantly because of the fit, I tried on no less than 8 pairs of jeans that night at BiG...some very nice denim's but I was not finding the fit and feel combined with details I was looking for. I know the guy Gordon(?) there is supposed to be the main dude, but the guy who helped me out (Naioki?) was incredibly patient and helpful....and eventually through process of elimination, we came to the Full Count's.

I now understand that the 1108 is a '66 501 cut if I'm not mistaken, and I'd like to verify this because it would make finding jeans in the future much easier. (true?)

The "hairier", slightly slubby denim was a change for me coming off a pair of 3sixteen SL's... in the shop the jeans almost took on a greyish hue from my angle of looking down at them while wearing from the fibers catching the light...but I quickly warmed up to this material.

When it came down to the decision time, I spent a good 30 mins changing out of these and the Momotaro/BiG collab's (0705) back and forth. (I'm not an expert, but I found the fit of both these pairs to be VERY similar, and both are zimbabwe cotton if I'm not mistaken and have a similar hand. I really, really liked both but ultimately I went with the 1108's because they were unsanforized and I coming off the 3sixteens as my first pair of quality denim, I wanted to go to experience that aspect of the material. (I have been resisting the urge to go back for the 0705's ever since, especially since that denim is about 3oz heavier it would have been probably a better choice for a winter season pair, but luckily I am very happy with the 1108's).

Any other questions so far?

pics to come

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
it's kinda tough to judge the fit of the jeans instore as they shrink when you soak them

i feel like raw denim is a trial and error experience

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
denim color after 1 hot/cold wash and 1 warm/warm wash and hung to dry. these things shrunk a ton. the color has a purple hue and the denim is hairy. nice stuff.
DSCN0147.jpg
DSCN0156.jpg

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by indesertum
it's kinda tough to judge the fit of the jeans instore as they shrink when you soak them

i feel like raw denim is a trial and error experience

You can always try the jeans one size down from what you plan on buying them at to get a good idea of how they will fit post-soak.

Originally Posted by whatever123
denim color after 1 hot/cold wash and 1 warm/warm wash and hung to dry. these things shrunk a ton. the color has a purple hue and the denim is hairy. nice stuff.

They'll stretch a ton, too. My true waist is 34", I have a size 33 in these, and they've stretched to the point where they are almost too loose on me.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by commodorewheeler
They'll stretch a ton, too. My true waist is 34", I have a size 33 in these, and they've stretched to the point where they are almost too loose on me.
yeah ... if they shrink a lot they tend to stretch a lot. if i went to a 32 they would be a little tight and the raw fit was okay so i think these will work for me. they sent me the smallest 33s they have and i got these to shrink to a 32" in the waist so i hope these will work.

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by madmadigan
Whatever123: Those look sweet dude! I love the hairy denim; my momo 0201's are pretty hairy. That denim really looks nice on your new pair.
totally. im really surprised they dont get the love on this forum. people with fc should post your ****! post-wash fit pics and they are super tight!
DSCN0179.jpg
DSCN0174.jpg

Guyute

Reaction score
ke8ej.png
s8eje.png
stnl4.png
Sorry about the dirty mirror pics, a personal pet peeve, I even windex'd right before too. Does your pair have this stitching "error" on the right back pocket rivet? I'm wondering if this was intentional... at $300+, I'm assuming it was.
kztpg.png
Alright, why aren't my images showing up?

beautiful_FrEaK

Reaction score
really like the fit whatever123.

if you have the time, some measurements of your pair after they stretched out a bit would be nice!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads