Ft. Lauderdale

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by topcatny, Mar 15, 2005.

1. topcatny

topcatny Senior member

We are going to Ft. Lauderdale next week for a long overdue vacation. Does anybody have suggestions for some things to do?

A little background info. to help guide the suggestions. I am traveling with my wife and 8 month old and we are staying with my mother-in-law. I am looking for very low key vacation. I do not plan on even bringing a proper pair of dress shoes, so casual/beachy is preferred. We love good food so restaurant recommendations would be nice. We have a built in babysitter (mother-in-law) so we won't be limited to places where children are comfortable. We've been going for years so I know the basics of the area, however I know there is much more to see.

Also, we are spending 3 nights at the Sonesta on Key Biscayne, without the baby. Anything you can recommend in that area?

Thanks in advance.

2. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    Since you already have a baby, I'd guess any advice I could offer you don't need. [​IMG]

3. topcatny

topcatny Senior member

(topcatny @ Mar. 15 2005,15:08) Also, we are spending 3 nights at the Sonesta on Key Biscayne, without the baby. Â Anything you can recommend in that area?
    Since you already have a baby, I'd guess any advice I could offer you don't need. Â [​IMG]
    LOL. Thanks Dakota. I think I have that part covered [​IMG]

4. topcatny

topcatny Senior member

bump to the top.

5. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

There is a really good Italian restaurant the food is really, really good and whose name I can't recall at this moment (I'll look at home, I have a card somewhere). Prices are lower than something comparable in NYC (I think / hope).

Jon.