• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: W&H/Spruce Hoodie NWT, White, Med., Classic Fit

wingnutsglory

Reaction score
Sold. Mint white hoodie, new with tags. Classic fit (not labeled on tag, but I have a labeled classic and the fit is the same), size medium. Like Slim ft, it's a fitted cut, it's just not quite as tight as the Slim fit. Ribbing on cuffs, pockets and bottom. Riri zipper, as always. Measures: Pit to pit: ~20.5" Collar seam to bottom: 25" Zipper top to bottom: 22" Sleeve: 25.5" $100 plus shipping. PM with questions, etc.
326505154_5ac8e7fc89_o.jpg
326505160_398147b0be_o.jpg
326505163_ec3a4e42b9_o.jpg
326505165_bfc16593e8_o.jpg

braidkid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thisisme
hey i live in vancouver ill pick it up for 30

bounce2.gif

thisisme

Reaction score
^ haha saw you with some other dude buying up the store. how much did you guys end up spending?

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hey i live in vancouver ill pick it up for 30

I thought the sample sale was over? Can you pick up a grey or black one for me? I'll pay $50.

ddohnggo

Reaction score
the sample sale is over. and they didn't have any of the hoodies that you're looking for.

Wade M

Reaction score
^ haha saw you with some other dude buying up the store. how much did you guys end up spending?
ME wonders if these guys are playing a slow game to keep the percieved value high (percieved supply vs high real demand), or if it's going to be all layed out on the table. Buying up the shop but then selling in 3's and 4's sounds very like the former rather than the later. --Wade_paranoid?

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Clearly ppl are buying from the sample sale and reselling for $70-110 or so... This is still better than buying a sold-out product retail, and apparently they're going fast <shrug> Personally I think its cool that SF people that don't live in Vancouver at least have the opportunity to get access to these, if they're comfortable with the markup. I was a buyer in the lower end of that price range fwiw.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wade M
ME wonders if these guys are playing a slow game to keep the percieved value high (percieved supply vs high real demand), or if it's going to be all layed out on the table.

Buying up the shop but then selling in 3's and 4's sounds very like the former rather than the later.

--Wade_paranoid?

My roommate was there over the weekend, the shop didn't have much in it. The demand here clearly outstrips supply. He came home empty handed for himself, and I only got a few minor items (non-hoodies).

Wade M

Reaction score
drizzt, I'm with you also. I'm pretty stoaked there is a chance to buy one now also, don't get me wrong. I just wonder if anyone has sucked the market dry and releasing it ever so slowly to keep prices inflated. At the end of the day, if the buyer's happy paying a high price, he will buy it. The seller, is twice as happy, however. 1) He's sold item for profit 2) He's sold it at a higher price then he would have been able to sell it if more were listed on the market. 3) He's still got more to sell, market is unaware of this constant supply 4) See 1. The only way to really tell is watch how long people keep selling these for and the pricing point. I'm NOT accusing any SFers of doing this, BUT there is a strong possibilty it's happening. The buyers are keeping the pricing inflated, not the sellers here
wink.gif
--Wade

wingnutsglory

Reaction score
That may very well be the case, but I haven't been a member here long enough to see that for myself.

Yes, these are from the sample sale. However, my intention was not to "buy up the store" and resell, but to buy what fit me and what I might like and then get rid of what I didn't actually want after I'd had some time to think about it. As for keeping the market pumped by slowly releasing items, I put everything up that I decided to sell yesterday all within several hours, so that's not my intent. Yeah, I bought a lot, but I knew that I'd be keeping the majority of it.

It's still available by the way.

nairb49

Reaction score
I think its quite clear that Wade has it right, compare the amount of stuff up for sale and at what price before the sample sale occurred, and now look.

There are significantly more items up for sale, all at lower prices but still quite a markup from sample sale prices.

braidkid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bottom line is, you're going to pay around $160 retail for one of these. Therefore $100 or less is a very good deal.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads