• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Valentini/Turnbull and Asser super 120's Grey dress trousers...Size 38

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have the same pants (Valentini made) that I was selling before, but this time in a grey sharkskin garbardine super 120's wool. Single reverse pleat, lined to the knee, split rear curtained waistband. Size 38 (2), $150 shipped USA ($445 retail)

Comments from forum member "Roger" from my previous T&A ad (used without permission, hope he doesn't mind
smile.gif
)

Ed, some observations and a couple of questions. These pants have some really nice little semi-custom features--like the belt-buckle loop and pick stitching, for example, and probably others not immediately apparent. One thing that I really like (if I'm seeing it right in the pics) is the way the belt loops are sewn at the top so that the belt can't pull up to be level with the top of the waistband. Whenever I have MTM pants made, I have the tailor sew the belt loops this way. This always keeps the belt about 1/4" below the top of the waistband. I also have the loops sewn so that they provide a fairly tight fit for my 1 1/4"-wide belts, so that there is almost no play in the location of the belt.

KIF_5251.jpg

KIF_5252.jpg

KIF_5253.jpg

KIF_5254.jpg

KIF_5255.jpg

KIF_5256.jpg

KIF_5257.jpg

KIF_5258.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads