1. Hi. We moved systems, and because it was impossible to achieve feature parity between the systems, we opted to archive the old B&S threads but allow users to read them so that they can put them into our new B&S system.

There is a support thread if you have any issues.

Cheers,

Fok.

FS: Used Martegani Shoes 9D

Discussion in 'B&S Archive' started by Alter, Apr 2, 2006.

1. Alter

Alter Senior member

Used Martegani's I picked up on eBay. Handmade in Italy. They are too small for me and the heel is a little high for my taste. They are in used but pretty good condition. Size is US 9D. Just looking to re-coup my money. $50.00 will include shipping from Japan. Shoe trees not included. PM or leave a message here if you have any questions or want additional pics. [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Roger

Roger Senior member

Are you certain they are 9s in the US size? What do the shoes actually say on them vis-a-vis size? My Marteganis say 8 1/2, but they fit me perfectly, and I take a 9.5 US. Another approach would be to measure the inside length; that would be pretty informative. Are they Blake stitched or, perhaps, Blake/Rapid? Or are they welted? Can't tell from the picture, although the soles appear to be channeled. Are they in the Radica calf leather than Martegani sometimes uses?

3. Alter

Alter Senior member

Are you certain they are 9s in the US size? What do the shoes actually say on them vis-a-vis size? My Marteganis say 8 1/2, but they fit me perfectly, and I take a 9.5 US. Another approach would be to measure the inside length; that would be pretty informative. Are they Blake stitched or, perhaps, Blake/Rapid? Or are they welted? Can't tell from the picture, although the soles appear to be channeled. Are they in the Radica calf leather than Martegani sometimes uses?

Hi Roger,

The shoes actually say "9D" though they seem to be on the small side of 9, maybe even 8.5. I am also a US 9.5 and they are small for me.

Not sure if Blake, welted, etc but will put some more pics up later. The soles are channelled. Also, not sure if they are Radica calf. Any tips on determining that?

I am just on my way to work but I will take some more pics and I will also do some measuring when I get home this evening.

Cheers,
    Eric

4. Roger

Roger Senior member

Eric, it's not a big deal, but I really like Radica calf. It can come in different colors, but the one that I've seen the most of (and which my Marteganis are) is the pretty heavily-antiqued reddish tan. It's their color 033, I believe, so you might see that somewhere in the shoes. However, my monitor doesn't do such a great job with colors, and they may not be that particular shade. That's really interesting that yours say 9 and yet are smaller than 9.5US, whereas mine say 8.5 and are just about exactly 9.5US.

In any case, they're certainly lovely shoes, but, unfortunately, most likely too small for me too. Good luck in selling them. They are definitely worth all of the $50 you're asking, in my opinion, and someone on the forum can get a very good deal here.

5. Bic Pentameter

Bic Pentameter Senior member

Used Martegani's I picked up on eBay. Handmade in Italy. They are too small for me and the heel is a little high for my taste. They are in used but pretty good condition. Size is US 9D.

Just looking to re-coup my money. $50.00 will include shipping from Japan. Shoe trees not included.

PM or leave a message here if you have any questions or want additional pics.

Those are very nice Alter. Too bad they are not my size!

Bic

6. mano

mano Senior member

7. Alter

Alter Senior member

Are these the same shoes?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Used-R-Martegani...QQcmdZViewItem

Yes!

They were a great deal at $10.00 but add in the $25.00 I paid for shipping to Japan and the additional $25.00 I will pay to ship them to someone outside of Japan and I will, unfortunately, lose about $10.00 on the deal.

If you're interested, please make me an offer. I would rather not have to trash them- they are nice shoes for someone.