1. Hi. We moved systems, and because it was impossible to achieve feature parity between the systems, we opted to archive the old B&S threads but allow users to read them so that they can put them into our new B&S system.

There is a support thread if you have any issues.

Cheers,

Fok.

FS: Unwashed Levi's Premium Skinners 30x30

Discussion in 'B&S Archive' started by chiggachu, Apr 17, 2006.

1. chiggachu

chiggachu Active Member

I have a brand new pair of Premium skinners that I simply cannot fit into because of the low rise. They are a perfect 30x30, but won't fit people like me who normally wear 30" waist. Should be fine for 28" waists. There are a lot of threads here and on superfuture on skinners sizing, which might help when trying to find the right size.

The acutal measurements are 30" waist, 29.5" inseam, 7.5" front rise.

They are stamped "preworn", probably a store return.

[​IMG]

Looking for $30 shipped. Offers considered

SOLD!!!!

2. chiggachu

chiggachu Active Member

Skinner still for sale!

3. sonick

sonick Senior member

4. jiomitori

jiomitori Senior member

I might be interested. I'm curious, though--Why won't these fit a normal size 30? I read the old threads on this board and I still don't get it. Also, have they ever been through the wash?

5. chiggachu

chiggachu Active Member

I might be interested. I'm curious, though--Why won't these fit a normal size 30? I read the old threads on this board and I still don't get it. Also, have they ever been through the wash?

They've never been washed. I think the rise is so low that they sit very low on the hips, which is much larger than your normal waist. When I tried them on, I could not get them buttoned, because my hips/ass were too big. However, that just might be how my body works. Again, the actual measurements will help you decide as well.

Does anyone have experience with this?

6. sonick

sonick Senior member

They have a very low rise (My 30x32s have an 8" rise), and they fit true to their size.

When the OP is saying that it won't fit people who regularly wear size 30, he is assuming that most jean makers marked size is smaller than their true size, which is somewhat true in my case as I used to wear size 28 in common/mainstream brands; Diesel, Gap, Tommy Hilfiger, even Earnest Sewn size 30's are too big, but I wear size 30's in the Skinners. Also as the OP mentioned, since they do sit much lower, your hips are usually wider than your waist as well.

They also don't stretch too much (about .25 to .5" max). When unwashed the flare is a tad wide, but it does shrink after a wash/soak to a good size. Shrinkage is about .25 to .5" as well (when soaked in Lukewarm water for 1hr).

7. chiggachu

chiggachu Active Member

Thanks for the insight, sonick!

8. thefir

thefir Well-Known Member

i'd like these jeans if they are still for sale... do you take paypal?

9. chiggachu

chiggachu Active Member

This item was sold!