• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS Ties: Brioni, Hermes, Gucci, G&H, Dunhill

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
Price cut--Dunhill & Gieves & Hawkes $20/ea

Here are the new pictures of the remaining ties from this group. Prices include shipping within the CONUS, Paypal please. I'd be open to discounts on multiple purchases. All three ties are made in Italy.

Dunhill, $25:

dunhilltietd2.jpg

Gieves & Hawkes, $25:

ghtiecw2.jpg

SOLD pending payment--Gucci, $15:

guccitieav0.jpg

I also have these two made in USA wool ties for sale in this thread:

Robert Talbott, 50% wool/50% silk, woven in England, 3.75" wide.
$20 delivered in North America, Paypal please.

talbottwool2dk0.jpg

talbottwool1mq6.jpg

I believe this tie is from Harold Powell, 100% wool, 3 7/8" wide. The quality is similar to the Talbott.
$15 delivered in NA, Paypal.

powellwool1ne2.jpg

powellwool2ru9.jpg

Also still available are two pairs of RL Polo cords, made in Italy, $265 retail, a RL Rugby wool herringbone belt and a pair of Brooks Bros. made in England suede bals (size ~10N).

Roger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alan, are the Dunhill and G&H ties new? Also, could you describe the shade of red in the Dunhill? Is it a true red or more of a maroon? (My monitor does colors very poorly.)

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
The Dunhill and G&H are both used but in 'as new'/perfect condition.

The Dunhill red to my eye isn't really a maroon, but maybe has a little orange tone to the red. I'm not entirely reliable on such distinctions without consulting my wife. I can let you know for sure on the color in a few hours.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I really like the vintage Gucci for the old label, but I know I'd never wear it...

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
^I think the Gucci would go very well with the Beaman Collection.

Regarding the color of the Dunhill, I spoke with my color consultant who called the red "cherry" and "fire engine" with no burgundy or maroon in it.

MattL

Reaction score
Do you have pictures of the Gucci ones? I have trouble seeing the pictures from your post. Thanks!

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AlanC
^I think the Gucci would go very well with the Beaman Collection.

Regarding the color of the Dunhill, I spoke with my color consultant who called the red "cherry" and "fire engine" with no burgundy or maroon in it.

Alan, which of your daughters is your color consultant? Does she use the crayola standard? (I'm being only partially facetious. Some chemists I know actually use crayola color names to describe new compounds).

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MattL
Do you have pictures of the Gucci ones? I have trouble seeing the pictures from your post. Thanks!

The earlier pictures were deleted in an Imageshack cleaning frenzy a few days ago. I have taken new pictures of the remaining available ties, and will post them this evening. Remaining ties are the Gieves & Hawkes, the Dunhill and the newer Gucci (the vintage Gucci is no longer available).

Originally Posted by thinman
Alan, which of your daughters is your color consultant? Does she use the crayola standard? (I'm being only partially facetious. Some chemists I know actually use crayola color names to describe new compounds).

My color consultant is my wife, actually, although sometimes I do use a daughter is one is handy. I like the idea of the crayola standard.
laugh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads