• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FS: Slightly used C&J Weymouths 9.5E - $295

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Selling my C&J Weymouths as I'm removing the English shoes in my collection. Bottom line is the English made shoes don't fit as well on me as the Italian ones. I'd rather sell them than allow the shoes to collect dust. Weymouths are a size UK 9.5E on the 337 last. Shoes worn approximately 6 times, give or take a wear. Includes the original box, dust bags and the shipping within the U.S. Int'l buyers will have to cover the difference, plus the insurance which is mandatory.

Weymouths are the top left in dark brown calf and haven't been worn since the pic was taken.
While I'm on the subject, the black captoe Polo Mackays (by Edward Green) immediately to the right of the Weymouths are still up for sale, in size US 11D. It's too time consuming to do the E-bay thing, and I haven't put the Mackays up as planned. Asking $395 for these shipped, including the shoe trees, and these were only worn twice! Removeable tongue pads inserted. If you want both, I'll do it for $675 shipped. Combined retail for these shoes is close to $1500 (over if you include tax).

PM if interested in either one.

Edited for clarification that it is UK sizing.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
sorry which of these are for sale? Only the Weymouths?

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by diorshoe
teddie, why unload the weymouths? they are really nice, are you inclined towards italian only now?

Pretty much. I think I might have bought this on the tight side such that the vamp is killing me. All I hear on this board is get oxfords with the V-shaped lacing and get them snug so that when they stretch they "fit like a glove." I find that to be such a generalized statement and not applicable to everyone. For one thing, the only shoes that "fit like a glove" are my Nike Airmaxes and my Pumas. I'm not going to wear these Weymouths another 10-15 times, hurt my foot, to allow the leather to stretch, that's assuming that they stretch enough to alleviate the pressure on my instep. The 10Es would have been a better choice and they laced all the way shut, but no, the sound of "v" in the lacing rang in my head as I decided to go down to 9.5E. That was a mistake. So now, it's better that I let these shoes go, as lovely as they look.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by meister
sorry which of these are for sale? Only the Weymouths?

Umm...read the post with the title. The Weymouths and the black captoe Mackays immediately to the right are for sale. I am not selling my entire shoe collection, otherwise I would have to go to work barefoot! or...in my Nikes.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
i agree with you. as i have made mentioned to you before, i am not inline with the rest of the forum's inclination to wear snug shoes (although I can see the reasoning behind this dogma)
i like a sort of looser fit.
I have never really seen or experienced any of my shoes stretching to the point of noticing anyways.
i mean, this is my experience only.

i can see that snug concept with EG as they make the last and insole to your foot but the upper leather is slightly less material to make for a snugger shoe for your correct fitting.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just for the sake of clarity - these are a UK 9.5E correct?

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Just for the sake of clarity - these are a UK 9.5E correct?

Damn, that was the main thing I meant to include in my "clarification" edit. I got sidetracked here at work and it slipped my mind, yes UK 9.5E, and this should be reflected in yet another edit.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Still entertaining interest. Unfortunately I can't take any further pictures since the battery on my digital camera died and my girlfriend has the charger. Earliest I can get a hold of it is in about a week or perhaps earlier if I see her this weekend, but still unsure at the moment.

If description will help, I have worn these shoes about 6 times, all to work. The only time I step on the ground is from my apt. lobby to my car, then from my car to the office building, which consists of walking across the covered structure to the stair well, down a few flights of stairs, then 100 feet from the 1st floor structure door to the lobby of the building. I take the elevator up, then the shoes are on carpet for the next 10 hours, with me mostly sitting at my desk. There is slight scuffing on the front tips/edges of the sole, just from walking or inadvertent bumping against my desk, but nothing major, and still excellent condition IMO. Hope that helps and will have to suffice in lieu of pics for now.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
If description will help, I have worn these shoes about 6 times, all to work. The only time I step on the ground is from my apt. lobby to my car, then from my car to the office building, which consists of walking across the covered structure to the stair well, down a few flights of stairs, then 100 feet from the 1st floor structure door to the lobby of the building. I take the elevator up, then the shoes are on carpet for the next 10 hours, with me mostly sitting at my desk. There is slight scuffing on the front tips/edges of the sole, just from walking or inadvertent bumping against my desk, but nothing major, and still excellent condition IMO. Hope that helps and will have to suffice in lieu of pics for now.
LOL
laugh.gif
This wins for the prize for completeness of disclosure!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads